~Apologizes...accepted ? :

•Chapter 19.

___________________

"I'm listening." RJ said playing with the ball in his hands.

Richard sighed thinking cautiously about the words that were about to get out of his mouth, "I am so sorry for the way I reacted. It was uncalled for and really unnecessary. I should've let you explain yourself and not acted out of proportion."

"You know, you hurt my feelings." His son confessed looking down at his fingers and looking sad.

Richard bit on his bottom lip, "I know and I'm truly sorry."

"How could you do this to me for one entire month though ? "

"I know, I was wrong. So wrong and I'm sorry."

"You didn't even listen to me ! Once, you were always giving me the attention I needed and I could talk with you for hours about everything and now we can't even exchange ten words before you start yelling at me."

"I know and I want us to work on it."

"Oh so now you want to work on our relationship and what ? I have to just say yes because you suddenly decided to be a true adult ? Huh ? What if I don't want to work things out between us anymore, huh ? "

With these words, Richard realized how much he had hurt his son. He felt so bad for that, "No...of course no. You can say no. I would completely understand. I caused you a big pain lately and you're mad at me, what is totally normal and I'm willing to wait for you to forgive me."

RJ nodded his head and chuckled shaking his head, "Fortunately that I'm not as rancorous as you. I accept your apology, old man."

Richard frowned a bit surprised. He thought that it was going to be harder than that to make peace with his oldest child, "For real ? "

RJ smiled, "Yeah. What I have just said ? You're deaf now ? I forgive you."

"And you're giving us a second chance too ? " He asked looking at his mini me grinning.

"Yup ! It's not worth it to be mad at each other for years because one day we will regret all of this time that we wasted focused on being angry and negative. And I don't want it. Neither for you nor I. And I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for disappointing you these past few weeks. But for that Halloween party, it wasn't mine entirely."

"Apology accepted. What happened actually ? "

"See, if you had let me explain, we wouldn't be there." RJ said playfully.

Richard smacked his lips and beamed, "Hey, I said I was wrong and I apologized. Can we move forward, please ? So, tell me now."

"Well, I was dancing with Yani and then someone offered us some drinks and next thing I know, I'm not waking up in my bed like I planned to." He finally explained causing his father to furrow his eyebrows.