~Stay Positive :

•Epilogue.

_____________

[ Three Years Later ]

RJ put the beautiful white lilacs on her grave and told a little prayer, then made the cross and finally let escape a sigh. He was missing his best friend crazily and wished she was still there. They would be living their junior year in college and experiencing new things, but unfortunately she was dead. Six feet under and she was not coming back.

Never.

But he wasn't going to let this get to him. As he promised her, he was going to be happy and as he promised Dorian, he was going to enjoy everything to the fullest. Bad as good, he was going to just live his life and try to not despair. Even if the worst happened to him, he was blessed more than anything else. He was blessed to be free and mainly alive.

He wasn't going to give up.

"Hey...I hope that you're doing good up there, but I'm sure you do. After all, you're by God's side, so you must be good. I'm fine too. I'm almost done with my junior year and next year I'll be graduating from college. Graduating...yeah...Time flied by. Dorian is getting out in four years. Maybe three and a half since he's behaving, we don't know yet. I'm happy that he's still alive and not hurt. Your parents recently moved to Houston, like three days ago. You dad stayed mad at us for some reason. I tried to talk to him, but he won't have a conversation with me. At least I tried." He stopped thinking about his next words, "My family is doing great. My parents are still so in love...and my little siblings are growing up so fast. And, uh..." He cleared his throat, "...I met someone. Her name is Laylani and she's in my economy class. We had never really paid attention to each other before, but the other day her car gave up on her and I was passing by and so I helped her and now we can't stop texting and all that." He chuckled as his cheeks reddened a little.

Laylani was a wonderful young woman in and out. She was making RJ laugh and smile all the time. They could have a conversation for hours on the phone at night just because it was hard for them to get bored with the other's presence. They could really talk non-stop together. Something was going on between them, they knew it; but wanted to take things slow. It'd been three months since they first started talking and they still didn't go on a date. They were just going with the flow. And RJ liked it. Laylani was unique and he wanted to take his time to get to know every aspect of her.

"Well, I have to go, but uh...it was nice to have spoken with you. I miss you." He sighed and shoved his hands in his basketball shorts. He had a practice about three hours ago and after his shower he didn't specially want to get too dressed. He wanted to feel comfortable in his clothes, "Love you, see you later." He blow her a kiss and left the cemetery.

He unlocked the door by pressing the button on his key and got in his car, then drove to Tortuga, where Dorian was locked up. He was hoping that his cousin was alright out there. The last time he paid him a visit was about two months ago. He was way too busy with football and school work, plus Laylani to come earlier; but they stayed in contact thanks to the phone. Each time Dorian was calling him from jail, RJ was always getting it, no matter what.

When he told him that he was never going to forget about him and said also that he will always be his best friend, RJ wasn't lying. At all. They couldn't hang out like they were used to, but jail wasn't preventing them to still be close. They were a family and family had always been very important to them.