~New Beginnings :

•Chapter 36.

________________

Two months later and it was finally time. Time to say goodbye to the past and hello to the near future. Time to turn the page and to move forward in life. Time to experience new things. Time to meet other persons. Time for new beginnings.

Graduation day was finally here.

It's like these past last weeks went so fast. Now, that they were counting days until Dorian was going to be sent in jail, time was going way too fast. But they couldn't control it. And now it was it. They had just finished high school together and they were going to be separate almost immediately.

"I'm so proud of you, guys ! " Tinashe clapped her hands happily, "C'mon, let's take a picture ! "

"Oh mooooom ! " RJ started whining, "We took enough. Let us eat, please." He groaned once she captured him putting food in his mouth with her camera, "Damn, I'm tired of this party already." He then mumbled as his mother finally walked away.

"Me too. I need a blunt." Dorian said next to him.

RJ shook his head, "Oh hell nah ! "

"Oh hell yes ! I'm stressing way too much. I'm going to locked up for seven years in about a hour."

RJ looked at his cousin and sighed feeling bad for him. He wished he could do something to better the situation, but now was too late. He looked around at his family who was having a good time and smiled. They went through a lot these past few months, but they went through this as an unity and now they were happy. Yes, Dorian was going to spend years in prison, but he knew that his cousin will be alright. Dorian was a very strong soul.

"Do, just don't bend down in the shower and-"

He smacked his teeth, "Shut up man ! " Dorian screamed then hit the back of his head.

"Ouch ! Damn ! I was just trying to help. If it's like that, I'm not talking to you anymore." He playfully pouted and folded his arms.

Dorian playfully rolled his eyes, "I am sorry, I guess."

"Sorry my ass ! "

"Hey the lil one's." Their uncle Quinton greeted them and then sat at the table across from them.

"Uncle Que ! Man, it's been awhile ! " Dorian dapped him and then RJ did the same.

"Yes, I know. I was busy. Dealing with some business." He said rubbing his chin.

"Some business, huh ? I thought that you were done with that part of your life to focus more on your wife and kids ? " RJ asked curiously.

Quinton nodded, "Yes. But sometimes...I gotta do what I have to do. You know ? " The two teenagers nodded understanding, even if they weren't really since they had never had to live that lifestyle, "So Do, I heard 'bout your story. How do you feel ? And it was your birthday, right ? "