~This Is Not A Goodbye :

•Chapter 31.

________________

"Amen." RJ said finishing his prayer. Whatever that was going to happen, will happen and he will just accept it. He had no power on the future and could change nothing about life in general. He was destined to go through some 'events'.

He took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. He walked in as he swallowed his saliva nervously. She was in the hospital since one day and she was getting her surgery in about two hours. He didn't know what he was going to do or to tell her, but he had to be there to support her.

"Oh ! RJ ! You came, thank you." She looked weak, but sounded otherwise. She was pale with low eyes and she had a beanie on her head. She was wearing a light blue hospital gown and he was happy to see her not linked to a machine, because then he didn't know if he could've stayed with her in the room more than five minutes.

He smiled, "Yes, I came. Uh, let me just go wash and sanitize my hands and I'm coming back here to talk with you. Okay ? " She nodded and he went to clean his hands.

"I'm so happy to see you." She grinned widely. She was actually really scared, but she had to be strong. She didn't want to panic before neither her parents nor her two best friends, so everybody could keep calm, "Dorian came earlier and he made me laugh so much, I thought that I was going to have a heart attack." She said happily.

He sat on the edge of the bed and smiled, "That's good to know. How are you feeling ? " He asked truly concerned.

She shrugged, "I hope tha-No, everything is gonna be alright. I will finally feel like myself again. And this constantly headache will finally stop."

"Oh, I can leave if y-"

"No, no, no, no." She shook her head, "I didn't see you for a couple of days. I thought that you were never going to show up again." She said fiddling with her fingers.

He sighed, "I'm sorry for ignoring you these past four days. I was...uh...thinking. Yes, I've been thinking a lot lately."

"Oh, and about what ? "

He looked at her not sure if he should say this. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, "Uh...the...uh...baby."

She bit on her bottom lip and put a strand of hair behind her right ear looking at her lap, "I'm so sorry."

"I already forgave you, Yani. Of course for the lies, the miscarriage wasn't your fault. Sometimes, things do happen. I just wish you told me all of this immediately."

"But you were mad at me."

"I would've assumed this baby since the beginning."

"Really ? "

He nodded, "Yes. But anyways, let's talk about something else. What do you want to do once you'll be out of this hospital."