~Let Me Grow Up :

•Chapter 2.
_______________

{ Five Weeks Later }

RJ waved at Dorian as he drove off. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door trying to not make any noise. He didn't want his parents to wake up and catch him. They didn't even know that he was out all night partying with his friends. Now, it was almost 4 a.m. He had fun and the only think he wanted to do at this moment was to sleep. And since it was summertime, he could rest all day if he wanted to.

He closed the front door delicately and locked, then as he was thirsty, he went in the kitchen to grab something to drink. It sounded like everybody in the house was asleep. He sighed relieved and did the shmoney dance proud of his victory.

He smiled and turned on the light of his phone, so he could see where he was going and not knock something on his way to his destination. He opened the refrigerator and took a bottle of water. He drank refreshing himself. It felt good since his throat was dry like a desert. He belched and suddenly someone switched the light. He blinked as his eyes were adjusting and then noticed his mother and father before him.

His mother seemed angry with her face expression and her hands on her hips. His father him, was shaking his head in disappointment.

"Uh oh.." He mumbled realizing that he was in trouble.

"Where were you at ? " Tinashe asked trying not to raise her voice to not wake up the others kids. She was mad at her son. Every night, before to go to bed, she checked on her children to make sure that they're good and tonight when she went in RJ's room, he was nowhere to be found. She didn't know where he was, if he was okay or hurt or if he was still alive. Crazy scenarios started running in her mind as she was panicking for her baby. She told Richard, who was as clueless as her. They didn't call the police, because they already knew that they weren't going to help them before a certain amount of hours. But they called some members of the family and the result was that auntie Suz didn't know where Dorian was either. Tinashe and Richard had been teenagers also, so they knew exactly what their son was doing, but they wanted him to tell them.

RJ didn't answer and avoided eye contact with his parents, "So, you're not gonna answer to your mom, son ? You better talk now." Richard warned him with a calm but serious tone of voice.

Their son sighed knowing that they could waste years in this kitchen if he didn't respond to them, "I was out with some friends."

"Look at me." Richard said walking towards him and grabbed his face, "You're high ?! "

"WHAT ? " Tinashe couldn't believe it. Her son smoked. She thought he was still so innocent, but no she thought so wrong. She knew that he wasn't a baby anymore, but she wasn't expecting this. At all.

"And I'm drunk too, so we could go faster with that shit." He confessed mumbling the last part under his breath, but they perfectly heard him.

"So, you think you're grown now, huh ? Did you drive being high and drunk until here ? " Richard asked looking at him.