ONE - I thought you liked it

It was a cold wet night in Hell's Kitchen. The rain splattered hard on the windows from outside. The only light in the dark apartment was a billboard outside shinning through the windows. You sat on the bed facing the man you were stitching up. The room was quiet as you focused on your work trying your best not to hurt him, then he Broke the silence.

"Thank you for doing this for me." Matt said in a monotone voice being sure not to move and mess up your work.

"Oh-yeah your welcome." you said slightly stuttering on your words.

You always liked Matt since the first day you stitched him up.

You touched the scares and gashes lightly over his soft bare skin. He flinched slightly at that and you pulled back.

"Did I hurt you?" you said in a concerned manner

"No, it's ok." He said slowly turning to you as his features glowed softly from the light on the billboard outside.

"It's killing you, isn't it?" You questioned.

"What is?" He asked.

"This......going out every night and coming back half dead. Your going to get yourself killed." You said in a stern but worried tone.

"I'll survive. Somehow I always do. You don't have to worry about me." He assured.

"You can't tell me to stop worrying about you when your always getting into dangerous situations." You scolded.

His eyebrows furrowed as he turned back around once more, giving you the space to keep stitching him up. The room grew quiet the only sound you could hear being the rain and wind outside, and an occasional sigh leaving your lips as you continued your work.

"Done." You stated as you finished cutting the access stitching before he turned to you with a solemn expression.

"What?" You asked after seeing his face.

"I thought you liked it." He admitted breaking the silence once more.

"Liked what?" You quizzed.

"I thought you liked stitching me up.........an-and spending time with me." He said mumbling the last part.

"Matt, I love spending time with you. And I would love it even more if you spent time with me when you aren't bloody, broken, or bruised." You sighed with a small giggle.

He sat there for a couple seconds seeming to contemplate his next words carefully.

"How can I make you love the time we have now?" He asked, his eyes resting a little above your chin as you both got closer to each other.

"I think you know what I want." You whispered.

"I think i do." He smirked, you were so close you could feel eachothers breaths on your faces.

You both leaned in and you felt his lips on yours soon the sweet innocent kiss turned into a bit more as you spread your lips giving him full access to your mouth. He explored it like it was a new world, and you savored every bit of it.

Suddenly he pulled away ending the kiss.

"Are you sure want this?" He questioned.

"Very sure." You smiled.