THIRTYONE - Snowglobe

Warning: ZIP ZILCH ZERO
WordCount: 776

~{—+*%

You were done! Finally Spring break was here and you were done with work...well for a week, but that was satisfying enough for you.

You were free from the stress and anxiety of a regular week, and you wanted to enjoy every second of it. But first, you needed to clean.

It was Spring break so you needed to do some Spring cleaning before you completely relaxed.

You started with all the boxes in your closet. Some were filled with clothes, some with old albums and some......

You looked at a box not knowing what it contained. You took it down from the shelf in your closet and placed it on you and Matt's bed.

Just then Matt opened the front door.

"I'm home." He called from the living room.

"Hey, how was work?" You paused your searching as you turned to Matt who now stood in the bedrooms doorframe.

"Good. What are you doing?" He asked taking off his tie.

"Oh, just some spring cleaning." You hummed before turning your attention back to the box.

Matt had changed into some comfortable clothes and you had finally opened the box.

"They're my grandma's snow globes!" You exclaimed seeing the small glass balls.

"Too bad we didn't put them out during Christmas." Matt furrowed his eyebrows.

You picked up your favorite one out of the three that sat in the box. It had a small Victorian England scene in it with small buildings and miniature people in it.

You shook it slightly and watched it snow in the tiny orb.

"Yeah, we should have-"

CLASH!

The small heirloom dropped to the floor into at least a million bits.

You dropped it accidentally.

"No-no-no-no-no, sh!t!" You crouched down cursing at yourself.

"How bad is it?" Matt crouched down beside you, already aware of how upset you were.

"It's..." You trailed off, tears prickling at your eyes. "It's beyond repair." You sighed, sitting down on the floor.

"It'll be okay, I'm sure we can fix it." He tried to reason.

"It's no use...my stupid clumsy self ruined it." You put your face in your hands.

Matt shook his head knowing you wouldn't accept any kind words he could give you. He knew you just needed to cool down.

In the meantime he cleaned up the glass.

"We can-umm...we can try to put it back together." Matt offered, not wanting to throw away the pieces quite yet.

"I don't think it's possible." You wiped away the stray tears that fell from your eyes.

"We can try." He rubbed your back.

Soon later you both sat at the kitchen table together with a hot glue gun and the pieces of the snow globe—well as many of them you could find.

You took one look at the setup and knew instantly this plan wasn't going to work.

"This is hopeless." You stated resting your head on the table.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Matt tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"It's my fault, not yours." You huffed. "It was my clumsy hands that dropped it."

"I have one more idea we can try." He assured.

You stood outside of a thrift store with Matt.

"Why are we here?" You asked.

"I heard that you can find antique snow globes at thrift stores."

"Really? Who told you that?" You questioned.

"Foggy. He collects them."

"Hmm. Somehow that makes sense." You thought aloud.

You both entered the thrift shop and you quickly found some snow globes.

There was one with a small boat scene in it, and one with a forest... then a beautiful one that was supposed to be New York.

It had the buildings the tiny painted on lights. Some miniature people, cars, and streets.

"This one's perfect." You stated in awe at the globe.

"Let's get it." Matt stated, a smile resting on his lips.

And so it was you bought the small artifact and went home.

Once you got there you put it on the mantle in your living room. Matt stood behind you, hugging you from behind.

"Y'know, I think one day this snow globe will be passed down to our granddaughter, and she might break it one day while—I don't know—cleaning. And her amazing fiancé will make everything better and save the day." Matt joked.

"And after that, her amazing fiancé will give her a very relaxing back massage." You added, turning around to look at him.

He kissed your forehead. "Hint taken." He smiled.

-The End-

[Question for you: Who is your favorite Marvel Character? Comment your answer]