SEVEN - Our thanksgiving: Part 1

Warnings: none just fluff and food
Word count: 802

Today was a busy day, it was the day you would go shopping for your thanksgiving dinner. Originally you had only planned for you and Matt to have dinner, but later you both decided to invite Karen and Foggy to come since they were like family.

Which means you needed to buy and make a lot of food in a very short amount of time, and today you went to the store with Matt to do just that.

You walked down an isle of the store pushing a cart in front of you Matt walking next to you.

"What's next?" He asked.

"We need potatoes, a turkey, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cranberry sauce, bread rolls, gravy, wine, and pie." You listed.

"That's a lot." Matt sighed, he didn't like grocery shopping very much, especially for long amounts of time.

"So we should get started." You sighed back.

                                          **

Soon enough you had got everything thing on the list and returned home.

"Now the hard part, making it!" You giggled at Matt's not to energetic state, he really did not like shopping.

"I can do the green bean casserole!" He said seeming a lot more happy with the cooking.

Matt was an excellent cook, he showed that everyday when he would make breakfast or dinner.

You loved helping Matt in the kitchen he was always very patient with you and it almost always came out perfect.

"Can I have the mushroom soup, milk and pepper, please." He asked taking a pot from the cabinet.

You quickly got the ingredients and put them on the counter next to the pot as Matt washed his hands.

"Here they are!" You hummed washing your hands soon after.

"Thanks." He smiled taking the ingredients and pouring them into the pot.

"Can you bring the shopping bags over?" He asked as you brought them to him.

He took out the green beans and opened them pouring a good amount into his concoction.

While Matt did the casserole you decided to start on the mashed potatoes.

You took the potatoes and cut them into tiny slices before getting out another pot and filling it halfway with cold water, making sure to follow the recipe on your phone. You didn't have this stuff memorized like Matt.

You put the potato slices in the pot, and turned on the stove letting the potatoes slowly boil. You took some butter out, and added it to the pot as you started to mash your potatoes. Slowly adding milk as you did so. You soon turned off the stove throwing a little salt and pepper in finishing off your mashed potatoes.

You turned around to see Matt putting the turkey on a square pan.

He looked so concentrated, it was very cute seeing him so passionate about something.

You made your way over to him giving him a hug from behind.

"I love you, Matt." You hummed.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He smiled.

"I finished the potatoes!" You giggled.

"I know, they smell delicious." He said turning around kissing you on the forehead tucking a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"Thank you I'm gonna do the rolls, okay." You smiled giving him a peck on the lips.

"Got it." He smiled as you walked back over to your spot to continue.

You took out the frozen rolls and set them on a pan before popping them into the oven.

Soon you reached under the sink to grab a table cloth and set the table. The room was filled with all the delicious smells of the food you and Matt had made.

You set the table for four people giving every seat a plate, fork, knife, spoon, napkin, and cup.

You took the previously bought wine and placed it on the table.

You took the pie and set it on the counter cleaning up the mess, that you made while cooking, and washing the dishes.

Once you finished cleaning you went to check on your rolls, they were a beautiful golden brown. You took them out and put them in a bread basket before setting them on the table.

You set the mashed potatoes and green bean casserole on the table as well.

You finally sat on the couch an exhausted sigh leaving your lips. Foggy and Karen would be here any minute, you had finished just in time.

Matt cuddled up next to you, his nose nuzzled into the crook of your neck. That seemed to be his favorite place.

"I'm tired, sweetheart." He yawned tickling your skin.

"I know, I'm tired too but we gotta stay awake they'll be here any second now." You smiled running your hands through his hair.

Then a knock on the door.......

-To be continued-