THIRTY - Black Widow

Warnings: NONE
Word Count: 856

SPECIAL GUEST, WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS???

Today was a regular spring day.

You and Matt were at a new coffee shop outside at a table. It was a nice day, a little windy, but nice.

"Y'know, I start my painting classes in a couple of days." You told Matt.

"Really? What kind of things are you gonna paint?" Matt asked.

"I don't know..." You took a second to think. "Maybe, like, flowers or roses or something. They are my-"

Clink! CLASH!

A woman had just tripped and spilled her coffee right next to Matt.

"Oh, jeez! Are you okay?" You exclaimed as you and Matt tried to help her up, well Matt kinda had to keep his cover since you were out in public.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm sorry to disrupt you." She apologized.

She looked really familiar. She had redish-orange hair that hung a little lower than her shoulders. But her face...she looked so...familiar to you?

After you had helped the woman you turned to Matt who had a confused expression on his face.

He leaned down and seemed to whisper something to her.....something like splatasha?

But you didn't know it was to quiet to hear.

"Do you mind if I sit with you two?" The woman asked.

You looked at Matt, who still seemed confused.

"Yeah." You smiled.

She pulled a chair from another table over.

You thought it was weird that she wanted to sit with you guys, but you tried to wave the thought from your mind.

"Natasha, what do you want?" Matt whispered in a stern tone.

"So you do remember me, I thought you would've forgotten my scent." She smiled.

Natasha...? Nata—oh my God, Natasha Romanoff! The Avenger? The Girl Boss? The Slay Queen?

"You're Natasha Romanoff!" You whispered since Matt was.

She looked at you and then Matt.

"You didn't tell her about me?" Natasha looked at Matt confused.

"No, why would I?" Matt asked back.

"You guys know each other?" You smiled. "Why didn't you tell me, Matt?"

"I...I...It doesn't matter." Matt muttered. "What do you want, Natasha?" He sighed.

"I need a place to stay for a mission-" Natasha started.

"Yes! You can stay with us." You exclaimed.

"Y/n-" Matt tried to stop you.

"Thank you, it means a lot." Natasha took your hands in hers.

"How do you and Matt know each other?" You asked.

"I'll tell you at the house."

——————————👨🏻‍🦯——————————

Once you all had gotten to the house, everything started to settle.

"So.....how do you guys know each other?" You asked...again, trying not to seem annoying.

"I really don't know why it matters, Y/n." Matt seemed agitated.

"We used to date." Natasha blurted out.

Your mouth hung open.

"R-really?" You blinked. "That's...that's-wow..." You processed the information.

"We were only together for like a week. Right, Matt." Natasha asked more as a statement.

"Yeah..if a week was like two years—anyways are history doesn't matter right now, what matters is why you're here." Matt ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm here for a mission, that's all I can tell you. Don't worry I'll only be here for tonight." Natasha cleared up.

Matt seemed stressed.

"Why is this such a bad thing?" Natasha asked sitting on the arm of your sofa.

"Because I don't want this—you messing up what I have." Matt stated as he placed his hands on his hips.

"This? You mean the vigilante sh!t you live for?" Natasha rolled her eyes.

"I do this to protect my city, to protect the people I love." Matt snapped back.

Silence settled for a few seconds.

You were kinda just standing there while this all went down, you didn't want to insert yourself anymore into business that wasn't yours.

"This is why we didn't work out, your too up tight." Natasha stated.

At that, Matt walked into your shared bedroom and slammed the door.

"I need to go check on him." You excused yourself.

You entered the bedroom closing the door carefully. Matt was pacing around the room.

"Matty, what's wrong?" You whispered.

"I just—I don't want our lives to be ruined because of her spy sh!t." Matt huffed.

You walked up to him placing your hands on his arms so he stopped pacing.

"She's only going to be here for one day, you don't have to worry. Everything is gonna be okay. Okay?" You hushed him before hugging him around the waist.

"Okay." He breathed hugging you back.

You rubbed his back for a bit before you let go.

"I love you, Matty." You reminded.

"I love you too, thank you." He smiled.

——————————👨🏻‍🦯——————————

You, Matt, and Natasha had spent the rest of the night talking and laughing about old stories from when they were together.

When the night ended you wanted Natasha to stay, but when you and Matt woke up the next morning, she was gone.

You just hoped you would see her again someday....

-The End-
[Comment if you want Nat to return in another oneshot]