TWENTYNINE - Fancy Dinner

Warnings: talk of Jennifer Lawrence (she's so beautiful I thought I'd warn you.)
Word Count: 710 (Ooolala it's long)

3¢:!*•%~

Tonight was a special night. It was special because you and Matt were going out to eat, which was rare because of your work schedules.

You dressed up since the place you were going was rather fancy.

Once you both got to the restaurant you stood in line waiting to be seated.

It was a short wait, because soon enough you and Matt were being shown to your table by a blonde waitress.

As she was guiding you she kept looking at Matt, she couldn't keep her eyes off of him.

Which is relatable, he is absolutely stunning, gorgeous and—anyway it was a little weird but not anything to crazy.

"Here's your seat, Mr..? Say, I don't know your name sir." The woman beamed.

"I'm Matt, and this is my fiancé,Y/n." Matt stated as you both sat down across from each other in the booth.

At the word "fiancé" the girl glared at you.

"Well, I'm Amberly. It's nice to meet you, Matt." She turned back to him.

A slimmer of awkward silence crept through the conversation.

"Well, can I get you a drink?" Her blonde curls bounced gracefully, falling a little below her ears.

"I'll have a water." You spoke looking at your menu.

She turned to you scrunching her nose.

"I'll have a water too." Matt added.

"Anything for you, babe." She smirked before looking at you with the dirtiest stink-eye you had ever seen.

She left the table after that.

Matt had a look on his face knowing this really was not good.

He knew you would be absolutely livid. And he was right because you were.

"I'll tell her to stop flirting with me." Matt said knowingly.

"No, don't do that!" You exclaimed crossing your arms.

"Why?"

"Because then she'll know I'm jealous of her." You sighed mumbling a bit.

"Y/n..why are you jealous?" He seemed sad as he asked the question.

He hated when you compared yourself to other women because he knew that you were a thousand times more gorgeous than any of the people you compared yourself to...

...and he didn't need to see you to know that.

"Matt, she looks like if Chris Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence had a baby!" You put your face in your hands.

"I don't know what either of those people look like!" Matt reminded

"You know what I mean!" You sighed. "I'll be back" you got up.

"Y/n, where are you going-"

"I'll be back." You repeated as you went to the women's restroom.

There was no one else in there when you entered, giving you time to look in the mirror.

You were disappointed, Angry, Sad. Every negative emotion all at once.

You couldn't help but want to cry, but you didn't.

You looked closer at yourself.

Well, just because I don't look like her doesn't mean I'm not beautiful.

I mean Ryan Reynolds doesn't look like Chris Evans but their both pretty, just in their own ways.

You realized the most attractive thing is confidence, so you walked out of the bathroom and sat back at the table.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked softly.

"Yes, I'm perfect. How about you?"

Matt smiled brightly. "Im doing perfect now that my sweetheart realizes she's too bada$$ to be worried about another woman."

You smiled at that, a light chuckle leaving you.

"Y/n, do you mind if I ask for a new waiter?" Matt asked.

"Why?"

"Because she's getting on my nerves." He explained.

"Of course you can."

Just then Amberly walked back over.

"Here are your your waters. Have you figured out what you wanna order yet?" She stared at Matt.

"Yeah." Matt answered.

"And what would that be, honey?"

"A new waiter."

Her mouth hung agape for a second before she gained her composure.

"Why, your 'Fiancé' making you do this?" She glared at you.

"No, I'm just not a big fan of you myself." He informed.

"....okay...coming right up..I guess." She sighed.

-The End-