TWENTYSEVEN - Cold Dinner

Warnings: blood and gore
Word Count: 735

~$":•>]~

It was a night like many others. You were sitting at the dinner table alone. Matt said he was coming home soon about two hours ago.

You had made a nice dinner for the both of you, but it was cold and mushy now.

You weren't that worried because things like this happened all the time.

He would say he would be home at a certain time and be home at another, he was almost never hurt though. Just..late.

It was disappointing and difficult at times. But you couldn't let it bother you too much, or it would be all you'd ever think about.

After waiting about...five more minutes, give or take a few, you decided to clean up and head to bed.

As you packaged up the leftover food to have for dinner tomorrow-

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Your head snapped to the direction of the window where you heard the light tapping sounds.

On the other side you could just barely see the shadowy figure crouched outside.

It was Matt-

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Again....he couldn't get in. It took an embarrassing amount of time to realize that.

You rushed to the window opening it to let him in.

He practically fell on you and you helped him to the couch.

"What happened?" You gasped seeing the blood dripping from his side.

"I-i don't have time for questions, can you get the kit, please?" He spoke through gritted teeth.

The kit....why would you need it, you couldn't stitch him up!

"Why? I was just gonna call Claire?" You questioned aloud.

"She's out of town visiting someone, I don't have time for questions I'm loosing too much blood." He informed.

You rushed to the bathroom to get the kit, yanking it from the cabinet and quickly returning to Matt.

"If we're not calling Claire, then who are we gonna call to help you?" You panicked sitting down on the floor next to him.

"You're gonna have to do it, Sweetheart." He ached. The cuts on his body seeming to bruise.

"Matty, I can't do this, I'll break you!" You exclaimed.

He could hear the panic laced through your voice. Making you scared was one of the last things he ever wanted to do.

"You won't, you'll do perfect! Just-just think of it like sewing a dress."

"Matt, there is a big difference between skin and fabric!" You were terrified.

"Please, Y/n, just try." He asked trying not to let the pain be evident in his voice.

"Okay-okay!" You took everything out of the kit....

After two hours of blood sweat and tears...literally. You were done. Did Matt exaggerate about bleeding out? Yes. But it was still nerve racking for you.

Not to mention Matt, the one that your shaking hands were piercing into. He tried to stay strong for you, not let you worry. But you were worrying enough yourself.

You were finally done and now you were cleaning the dried blood off of Matt.

"I'm not going to work tomorrow." Matt suddenly spoke amongst the silence.

"I wouldn't expect you to." You chuckled slightly, throwing away the bloody cotton swabs.

Matt gave you the best smile he could.

"Have you eaten today?" You asked.

"....No." He answered with a sigh.

"Good thing I have leftovers." You smiled back.

As you reheated the food for Matt you saw him try to get off the couch.

"Matt, lay back down." You told him pointing to the couch-

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The microwave sounded. You took out the food and brought it to him.

"How was your day?" You rubbed through his hair as he ate.

"As good as it could be." He yawned.

"After you're  finished let's go to bed, huh?" You suggested.

He nodded in reply.

"Thank you, Honey." He turned in your direction just enough but not to much that it would hurt him.

"It's nothing, I mean I'm not Claire but-"

"You did way better than she ever could've." He interrupted.

"What makes you say that?"

"Because I love you." He leaned into your touch.

"I love you too, Matty." You kissed him lightly. "But when you're better, you're definitely cleaning your blood of the carpet.

He smiled in return.

-The End-