SIXTEEN - Date Ideas

Warnings: none
Word Count: 837

-/£+*%

You and Matt sat together on your couch chilling at home since it was your anniversary.

"It's our anniversary we should do something." Matt suggested.

"Like a date?" You asked resting your legs on Matt's lap.

"Yeah."

"We could eat tacos." You exclaimed.

"I was thinking something romantic."

"You're right......We could eat tacos in the rain."

"We could do what we did on our first date."

-Years Prior-

You were walking down the street to go on a date you were not to pleased about.

Your friend Foggy had just set you up to go on a date with his annoying best friend.

He was so smart, which was usually a good thing, but Matt flaunted his......smartness? all the time and you HATED it.

Every time you hung out with Foggy Matt was there to they were like connected at the hip, inseparable. So it was hard to avoid him.

But Foggy had the great idea to force you to going on a date with each other.

'Thanks a lot Foggy.' You mentally grumbled sitting at a table in the restaurant you were supposed to meet at.

You sat at the table scanning the menu when Matt sat at the other side of the table.

"Hey." He sighed.

"Hi." You lowered your menu so you could see him.

Silence ensued as you both just stayed quiet.

You took a better look at him realizing the color of his suit was a dark blue. You had rarely ever seen him in any other suit colors other than grey and black, you were about to comment on it before he spoke.

"I know you don't want to be here...I don't either, but we might as well try to enjoy ourselves." Matt suggested sluggishly.

A moment of silence passed before he realized you weren't going to answer him.

"Why do you always push me away?" He asked.

"Have you ever considered the fact that I don't like you?"

"....No." He answered.

"Well...consider it."

More silence took over as a pinch of guilt hit your heart.

"I considered it.....I still don't think so."

"What is it you think?" You scoffed.

"You're just mad that I'm more articulate than you." He stated leaning back in the booth.

"That's debatable."

"You're debatable." He countered.

"You're existence is debatable!" You huffed.

"Is that is? You hate me because I'm more articulate than you?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"First I don't hate you I just....strongly dislike you-"

"That's a start!" He interrupted.

"Second I'm more smarter than you." You realized your mistake as soon as it came out of your mouth.

Silence....again! Gosh the silence was so loud! But then he had to open his mouth.

"....don't you mean more intelligent? 'More smarter' isn't actually proper grammar." He corrected sending you flying over the edge.

"NO S#%T SHERLOCK!" You exclaimed leaving the table storming outside.

Once you got outside you realized it was raining, you were now soaked out in the rain head-to-toe.

Matt followed walking a little past you, you stopped him....no matter how tempting you weren't going to let a blind man walk into incoming traffic.

"I'm right here." You spoke taking his arm to guid him in the right direction.

"Thank you, Y/n.....I'm sorry." He apologized.

"I'm...sorry too." You added looking at him as he smiled.

god, his smile...his smile could make flowers...how had you never noticed it.

"I....." he started to say something but he didn't finish.

The rain was getting heavier and you both were absolutely drenched.

"You're cute." you blurted out.

The world felt as if it was crashing around you. You needed someone to pinch you and tell you all that what you said was a dream. How could you say that.....aloud.....to him!

"Your pretty cute too." He smiled again turning to you so there was barely any space between you.

"A-and how would you know?"

"Just.....just a hunch." He paused your faces right next to each other's.

Your eyes traveled down to his lips...wanting....begging for them to be on yours.

"Kiss me." You breathed.

"Gladly." He smiled leaning in as he kissed you.

It was short...sweet....and surprisingly enjoyable.

"We should do this again." You smiled pulling out of the kiss.

"Without Foggy's help."

"Yeah."

And the rest was history you both fell in love.

-Back to present day-

You and Matt had gone through a million date ideas and ended up choosing the best one.

So there you sat eating tacos in the rain to celebrate your one year anniversary.

"I told you this was a good idea." You hummed taking a bite of your taco.

"Your right, it's the perfect combination of delicious and romantic." He giggled.

"Sounds like the person sitting next to me." You smiled gesturing to Matt.

"Happy one year anniversary, Y/n."

"Happy one year anniversary! I love you."

"I love you too."

-The End-

I wrote this one shot because today (December 18) is Me and Matt's anniversary!!!

What was your favorite song from the playlist I gave you yesterday???