Why Can't I?

CHAPTER FOUR

"Why Can't I?"

This years school list was the most strange Aurora had ever seen. On the list it was required for boys to pick up dress robes, while the girls were required to pick up a formal gown. Times like this Aurora wished she had a mother to go shopping with, but instead she went with Hermione and Pansy. Hermione's mother brought them to a beautiful dress shop in London that was owned by none other than Elizabeth James, the most talented Wedding designer in the country.

The store was beautiful- she had a wonderful selection of wedding gowns but also formal gowns. Aurora looked around in amazement as Pansy and Hermione began grabbing every dress of the racks to try on. "I'll try this one and if I don't like it you can try it on after!" The two went back and forth to each other as they picked through every gown.

Aurora found a silk emerald green gown that had a slit in the leg and thin straps, the back was open a bit and she instantly fell in love with it. It was simple but so was she. She went into a dressing room and tried it on and knew she didn't need to try another. She didn't show anyone- she took it right off and paid for it on the spot. Pansy picked a pink gown that was strapless and had a small train. Hermione's was blue with layers of different shades of blue and was a bit off the shoulders.

After shopping Aurora went home and began packing for school although it didn't start for another week. She was invited by Draco and his family to attend the Quidditch World Cup with them and after talking to Hermione she found out that Ron and his family had invited her and Harry as well, so after leaving the World Cup she would be staying at the Burrow with all of them until school. She felt bad that Pansy wasn't able to go- she had some personal issues at home that she needed to attend too. Aurora promised her she'd pick her up a gift from the World Cup, although Pansy said it wasn't necessary that she just wanted them to have a wonderful time and make it back in one piece to school so they could all hang out again.

Severus brought Aurora to Malfoy Manor, this was the first time Aurora had ever seen Draco's home and was going to be the first time she'd be meeting his mother, she briefly met his father a few years ago at Diagon Alley, but hadn't been properly introduced- especially not as Draco's girlfriend.

Before Severus could knock on the door it opened slowly and there stood Draco with his mother and father behind him. "Welcome!" Draco said moving out of the way to let Aurora and her father inside. Draco picked Aurora up and spun her around in his arms. "I've missed you!" He said as he kissed her on the cheek.

Aurora hadn't seen Draco in person since the Hogwarts train ride home at the end of the school year. Draco looked as though he had grown another 4 inches in height. She couldn't believe how much taller he was. His voice had even changed too, it sounded much deeper than before, but wasn't insanely deep. He was starting to sound less like a teenage boy and more like a man.

His mother walked over and gave Aurora a welcoming hug. "Hello dear, I'm Narcissa, Draco's mother. It's so wonderful to meet you. You are absolutely beautiful!" Her voice was comforting and her beauty was unmatched. She had dark hair with blonde on the bottom, she wore her hair so you could see both colors. She was slender but shorter in stature. His father still looked as frightening as he did the day she saw him a few years ago.

"I remember you." He said looking to Aurora. "You were at Flourish and Blotts with the Weasley's, I wish I had known then you were Severus' daughter, I would have spoken to you more." He reached his hand to Aurora, she shook it reluctantly.

Severus gave an intimidating look to Draco. "Mr. Malfoy, I believe we have an understand that there will be no funny business while my daughter stays here tonight, if I find out you so much as lay a finger on my daughter in any spot that is meant to be covered by clothing I will chop your finger off and serve it to you on a golden platter do I make myself clear?"