Scorpius' Joy Ride

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"Scorpius' Joy Ride"

TWO YEARS LATER

Another year, another September. Meaning another trip to the Platform 9 and 3/4. All three children were now attending Hogwarts or in Teddys case, he was already graduated, Calliope was to begin her first year at Hogwarts and Scorpius was in his third year. Draco hired Teddy to work for him part time at Borgin and Burkes where he was now the top Dark Artifact specialist.

Draco had purchased the store a few years prior and had been so proud of himself. Aurora had been proud of Draco it was something he wanted more than anything. To run his own business and not have to be someones bitch at the Ministry. He always had been found of dark artifacts, and his father and even grandfather had once collected them. Draco had loved going to Borgin and Burkes when he was growing up, even if it brought back some painful memories. Such as the vanishing cabinet and the things his father had used to get back at people who crossed him. But now it was up to Draco to examine these things and see how dangerous they were and if they should be brought to the Ministry or put into a museum.

Scorpius had done a bit better with school. His cousin, Albus, was his only friend. He preferred to keep his head down and away from anyone and everyone. The rumors had slowed down a bit but still not enough. Kids had been cruel and there had been times that Scorpius wrote home, begging for either Aurora or Draco to come get him and never to send him back. He begged to go to a different school, anything, so long as he didnt have to hear those rumors anymore.

After dropping the kids off onto the platform, Aurora and Draco had agreed with go with Harry for a late breakfast and coffee. They had gone to a restaurant and sat down, where Harry unloaded to them about something that had happened with Albus before he had gone back to school.

I need advice. Harry said to them. Albus told me he wished I wasnt his father and And I replied with I sometimes wished he wasnt my son

Yikes. Draco replied as he took a sip of his coffee. And I thought our send off with Scorpius was bad this year, at least we didnt have that kind of battle.

Harry scoffed. Not what I wanted to hear, Malfoy.

Draco shrugged. Ive never told any of my kids I wished they werent my kids. No matter how aggravating they get and how badly they ride my nerves. Especially Calliope, I dont know whats gotten into that girl.

Aurora shook her head. Shes an 11-year-old girl who had to leave home for school and shes got two older brothers who pretend shes invisible. Id be an asshole too.

They do not pretend shes invisible. Draco rolled his eyes. Theyre just boys.

Teddy is 18 years old and nearly pushed her down the stairs the other day because he was too busy staring at his new girlfriends- never mind. Im not saying that here. Aurora took a sip from her juice and placed the cup back down loudly.

Trouble in paradise? Harry asked.

Its only been a bit stressful. Aurora lied.

It hadnt been only a little stressful, no, it had been the most stressed she had ever been. All summer Calliope cried that no one loved her anymore and Aurora had to pick up the pieces and wipe all her tears, while Draco had been too busy trying to bond with Scorpius, who wanted nothing to do with him. And Teddy had either been working or sucking the face off his newest girlfriend.

Aurora couldnt remember the last time she and Draco had even slept in their bed at the same time together, let alone the last time they had even had any bit of an intimate moment. She missed him and she missed his touch, but most importantly- she missed never doubting that he loved her. And lately, she had doubted often his love for her.