EPILOGUE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

EPILOGUE

A final whistle of the train. The last call. The last Malfoy child to board the train until Teddy's son would board in 11 years. Scorpius remained single for the time being and was more focused on running the shop with his father and mother.

Melody Lily Malfoy took a deep breath. Her long red hair reaching down her back and her bright green eyes shining in the light as they filled with tears. She kept her hand clutched to her mother's.

"I'm too scared, what if I'm not in Slytherin, you both were." She muttered to Aurora.

Aurora was older now, her hair sprinkled with grey mixed in with her dark brown hair. Her eyes a bit more tired but her smile was still the brightest part of her.

"Melody, your oldest brother was in Hufflepuff, and your sister Calliope was in Ravenclaw. The only house our family is missing is Gryffindor. And you're named after one of the most beautiful Gryffindors of all time. My mother." Aurora told her.

Her eyes felt watery, but she knew crying would only cause sweet Melody to cry more.

Draco kneeled down in front of Melody and took her hands into his and kissed them. He also had aged but not badly at all. He let his hair grow longer and he slicked it back into a ponytail. He was still muscular, but his eyes still carried the trauma of his youth in them. The only time it wasn't as visible was when he looked at his wife or children. Or his grandchild that Teddy had blessed them with.

"I think a Malfoy being in Gryffindor would be the best thing to happen to the Malfoy now." Draco winked. "Of all your siblings you are the bravest. Do you remember the time there was a Boggart in the house and you were the only one who could look it right in the eyes?"

Melody nodded. "Because the only thing that scared me was not being good enough."

Draco smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "You were a miracle, my darling girl. If anything, your mother and I feel as though we'll never be good enough for you. For any of you kids, at that."

Aurora agreed.

"You won't be upset if I'm in Gryffindor?" Melody asked.

"Your Uncle Harry was in Gryffindor and so was your Auntie Ginny, do you see how amazing they are? You know the story of your uncle, great wizards have come from that house and I would be most proud if my miracle, my beautiful Melody, was a Gryffindor." Aurora explained softly.

"Now, best get you on that train before they leave without you. Wouldn't want you to have to drive an enchanted care like Uncle Harry and Ron did when they were 12." Draco chuckled as he told Melody.

Melody straightened her back and took a deep breath. She nodded to her parents and gave them one last hug before she turned and ran to the train. Sitting by the window, she stared out to them and smiled. Holding back her tears.

She sat with another girl who looked at her and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Melody. Melody Malfoy-" said Melody to the girl.

The girl with shoulder length brown hair smiled. Her blue eyes glistening as she looked at Melody. "I'm Violet Crabbe."

"It's nice to meet you, Violet. Are you a first year too?" Melody asked.

Violet nodded. "I didn't want to come to Hogwarts, I begged my Mum not to send me here."

"How come?" She asked.

"My uncle died there during the Battle of Hogwarts. Mum was only a little girl but when she told me about it, it made me scared to come here." Violet explained.