She Opened The What?

"She Opened The What?"

That Summer Aurora spent sending owls back and forth with Ron and Hermione, although she had wrote to Harry a few times and never heard back. She had sent a few back and forth with Goyle to check in on how she was doing and if she was ready to return again.

Her birthday approached and at midnight exactly there was an owl in her window with a package for her, she quietly opened the window and grabbed the package. "Hermione of course, I wouldn't have expected anything less from her." She said to herself as she gave a treat to the bird and sent it on it's way.

She placed the box on her bed and opened it to find a beautiful bracelet inside. A charm that read "Best Friends" was dangling on the bracelet. A note sat underneath it.

Happy Birthday Aurora!

I made us a set of matching bracelets! Yours is red to remind you of me, and mine is green to always remind me of you! I'll save you a seat on the Hogwarts Express! See you soon!

Hugs and Love,

Hermione Granger.

P.S. Have you heard from Harry at all? He hasn't replied to any of my letters

Aurora smiled and put the bracelet on right away. How strange that Hermione also hadn't received any letters from Harry either. Maybe he was upset with the two girls? Aurora realized he also never replied to the birthday owl she sent him the day before. She decided to sleep on it, she was tired and knew her father would want to take her out for her birthday.

The next morning she woke up to find a few more letters from her friends. "Ron, Crabbe, Goyle, Dumbledore, and Hagrid." She replied to them all but then sat on her bed and frowned. "That Malfoy, couldn't even send me a bloody owl for my birthday! I'll show him! I wrote him and he didn't reply once!"

Severus took Aurora shopping in London, she tried not to let Draco bother her, she was also concerned about Harry, but wanted to just enjoy her day. She always giggled when she would see her father wear Muggle clothes, typically it was just a suit, but since it was summer, he wore a short sleeve button down shirt, black of course, with a pair of shorts and slip on shoes. Aurora wore a t-shirt with *NSYNC on it, and denim shorts with converse sneakers. She loved Muggle clothes, she felt most comfortable in them.

As Aurora got home that night, there still were not owl's from Harry or Draco. She decided not to stress over any of it, and continued her Summer, since school would be starting again in just a few weeks.

The last weeks of Summer went by in the blink of an eye, Aurora's grandmother brought her to Diagon Alley to pick up her school supplies for her second year. She walked into Flourish and Blotts where she saw Hermione.

"Look at you!" Hermione cried out. "I've missed you dearly!" The two hugged onto each other tightly.

"I love my gift!" Aurora said as she held up her wrist for Hermione to see.

When the door opened again, it was the Weasley family, accompanied by Harry. Which made Aurora's heart stop, seeing Harry was like seeing a ghost.

"Harry! You're alive!" Aurora hugged him then gently punched his arm. "You owe me an explanation as to why you didn't write a single letter!" She crossed her arms and huffed and puffed playfully.

"You guys won't believe it. A house elf was in my room right- turns out he'd been stealing all the letters you all wrote me all summer! I thought you all were mad at me and didn't write me! I figured it would have been easier to explain in person. I'm really sorry guys, please don't be upset."

Aurora accepted Harry's apology, the four of them all gathered their books together. Aurora noticed a girl who followed Harry like a shadow, she had red hair like Ron's and looked a lot like Molly, she assumed it must be his younger sister.