Teddy

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"Teddy"

The battle had ended. Voldemort was gone and a piece of Aurora felt as though it had finally found peace. Perhaps that was the connection she had with her brother. He felt at ease.

In the great hall, everyone sat together, starting the process of healing and reuniting with those who they feared they had lost.

Aurora sat down at a table, afraid to look at the pile of bodies of those who were gone. Draco had hovered by the bodies, when Aurora noticed he had crouched down beside one and had been sobbing.

"Good friend of his I take it?" Sirius muttered as he sat beside her, rubbing her back.

"You look like hell," Aurora replied.

Sirius gave a broken smile. "Sure feel like it, kid."

Aurora looked down at her blood soaked hands. The adrenaline from killing Blaise had worn off. She had already thrown up countless times, there had been nothing left for her to vomit, but her body still felt as though it could.

She knew it was Blaise's blood that covered her body. Her face. Her arms, her clothes. But she couldn't find it in her to wash it off.

"What happened out there, kid?" Sirius asked. "Is that from your father?"

She shook her head, tears pouring down and she began to breath heavily.

"You want to talk about it?" Sirius asked.

She couldn't speak. Couldn't even give him a yes or no. She was lost, she looked up at him and the only thing she could muster up was, "I did something bad..."

"No, no you didn't Aurora, you killed someone who was bad, who was going to hurt you and other people, do you understand that?" Sirius swallowed and kept his arm around Aurora as she continued to cry.

"Who was he?" Sirius asked. "Someone you knew?"

Aurora nodded as she sobbed.

"A friend at one point?"

Another nod.

"Trust me when I say, that's the most painful feeling... When someone you thought was your friend joins the wrong side..." Sirius muttered. "I remember how angry and confused I was when Peter... When he killed your mother and father..."

"It isn't fair..." Aurora replied, finally speaking. "Blaise played me... I- I killed him with my own hands and I- It was bad to do but... It felt good... He killed my baby and almost killed me... He deserved to die but... Why do I feel this way?"

"Shock," Sirius replied. "I killed a few out there tonight whom I'd once shared a few laughs with in school."

"It was more than just a few laughs," Aurora explained. "He was my ex boyfriend..."

Sirius opened his mouth to speak but closed it, instead, only nodding.

"Tonks asked me to take Teddy and raise him..." Aurora changed the subject, not wanting to talk about Blaise anymore. "I don't know if I can do it, Sirius, I don't-"

"You and Draco will be fine, I actually need to speak to the pair of you about something, relatively close that subject." Sirius replied.

Aurora looked up and at Draco again to see he was still kneeled on the ground but he was talking to Crabbe's body. As though he was only sleeping or was in the Hospital Wing, just injured. Goyle walked over and placed a hand on Draco's shoulder, and then helped him up, walking him over to the table where she was sitting.