Confessions, Pt. II

CHAPTER FIVE

"Confessions, Pt. II"

February finally arrived to Hogwarts. Just days after celebrating Valentine's Day, which Aurora was in no mood for, it was time for the second task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. She woke up angry with the world. She didn't want any part of standing out in the cold watching Harry almost get killed from a distance, yet again. She argued all morning with Draco about going.

"Aurora it's not even that cold- wear my jacket if you're that worried!" Draco rolled his eyes at her.

"I'd rather chew on a denim jacket than go to this stupid thing!" She shouted at him in the middle of the Slytherin common room. "I'm not going!"

"What's the big deal?" Draco asked. "You've been so mean to me lately!"

"Because you're trying to make me go to this stupid tournament! What's so great about it? It's not like we have to go!" She crossed her arms and sat on the couch.

"Whatever." Draco scoffed. "I don't know what's gotten into you lately but I don't like this at all. I miss my girlfriend, the one who loved being all over me, going to things with me, and laughed with me... If you find her can you tell her I'll be headed to the tournament to cheer for our friends..."

He walked away filled with disappointment and sorrow. Aurora put her face into a pillow and sobbed. She hated how she had been acting lately. Even with her friends she was nothing but moody and annoyed. Everything aggravated her and almost all sounds were like nails on a chalkboard to her. Like two pieces of Styrofoam rubbing against each other.

Footsteps approached toward her and she picked her head up and looked to see who was still in the common room. Pansy stood above her and looked at her with a sad face.

"What's going on with you?" She asked Aurora. "You haven't been mean to Draco since we were first years and even then you had such a crush on him, now you're acting like that all over again."

"Can I tell you something?" Aurora whispered.

"You're my best friend Aurora, you can tell me anything, no matter what." Pansy comforted her. She sat beside her and put an arm around her and sat quietly to listen to what her best friend needed to say.

Aurora took a deep breath. "I'm just scared. Ever since you told me about your sister I have been worried sick! What if that happens to me? I haven't been eating or sleeping. I've just been so worried..."

"So what are you saying? Do you think that you're-"

"Don't! Don't say it!" Aurora shouted at Pansy. "Especially not in here."

Both their eyes landed across the common room as Daphne Greengrass was exiting through the door and looked back at them and rolled her eyes. "Losers!" She shouted at the two.

"I should punch her again." Pansy muttered. "She just has one of those faces that looks punch-able, don't you agree?"

Aurora rolled her eyes and laughed. "You sound as though you're starting to like her a bit." She joked.

"Never." Pansy was disgusted but looked to Aurora and started to laughed. "I'm sure you're fine anyways, you've gotten your period right?"

"I think." Aurora replied softly. "It was maybe for a day or two. Just a little bit of bleeding."

Pansy looked at her frightened. "How long ago?" She asked.

"Sometime last month. I'm still waiting for my period for this month." She shrugged. "I should get it any day now- Like I said, I've just been very stressed out."