Christmas at Grimmauld Place

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Christmas at Grimmauld Place"

"There she is! Aurora! Over here darling!" Molly Weasley shouted from the platform with a tall black dog standing aside her.

She knew that dog too well, it was none other than her God Father, Sirius Black. He panted and wagged his tail as she pet him on the head, then lowering herself to her knees, kissed his face.

"Thank you for coming," She whispered to him.

Molly pulled Aurora in for a hug the moment she was steady on her feet again after being down at Padfoot's level. Her motherly touch was one that Aurora had always longed for her entire life.

Aurora had found herself jealous of Ron and Ginny. This was their mother. She was wonderful, kind, and loving. Molly could cook and clean and was never shy to showing up to any school event. Why couldn't her own mother have been like that? Did she even know that Aurora was at Hogwarts? She did she knew that her daughter excelled in all of her classes? Of course not, Aurora reminded herself. Her mother would never know.

Molly took a homemade knit shawl from her bag and placed it around Aurora's shoulders. "Goodness girl, did Severus forget to remind you that you need a jacket here?" Molly rubbed her arms as though to create heat.

"I was too excited," Aurora explained. "It's nice to be away and with family."

As she spoke those words she looked up to see Draco being greeted by his father and mother. She couldn't help but feel the urge to run to them, to give Narcissa the biggest hug and let her know she still loves her like a mother and to wish them a Happy Christmas.

"Excuse me," Aurora said softly to Molly as she turned and strut toward Narcissa, who's eyes welled with tears, but she quickly blinked them away as Aurora approached.

"Aurora, how wonderful to see you!" Narcissa exclaimed happily. "Lucius, look!"

Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, turned with a sneer on his face. He nodded silently and then scoffed as he turned back toward Draco who kept his head down and hardly looked Aurora or his own mother.

"I wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas," Aurora smiled. "Please send Grandfather Malfoy my love and best wishes."

Narcissa nodded then looked over toward Molly Weasley and the dog that stood, baring his teeth toward Draco, who cowered behind his father.

"I know I speak for ALL of us when I say, it would have been nice to have you over for Christmas again this year," A gleam was in Narcissa's eyes. She blinked away another set of tears. "It's unfortunate that we will be two short this year on Christmas dinner."

Two short... Aurora wasn't sure what that meant until she saw the look on Draco's face as he peered over his father's shoulder and then hissed to Narcissa.

"Enough Mother." He was seething with anger. "Don't ruin Christmas with your dramatics."

Aurora swallowed, feeling her stomach churn she took her gaze off of Draco and looked back to his mother, faking a smile and then nodded. "I hope to see you soon." Aurora turned away, her feet unable to move fast enought to break away from them.

A car from the ministry waited out front the train station to bring the lot back to Grimmauld Place. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George and Aurora all stuffed in the back. Thankfully the car was enchanted to fit them all in there.

Padfoot began to whimper.

Molly shot backward from the front seat and sneered. "You can not be yourself until we get back home, do you understand that Padfoot?"