Chapter Eight

Once again I must say: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW HOSPITALS OR HOW MEDICAL PERSONNEL(such as doctors and nurses) WORK OR HOW THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CARRY OUT THEIR JOB/DUTY.

TW: Detailed description of a medical analysis

(Is that even considered a tw I know some people just don't like this kinda thing)

Tsukasa Pov

Tsukasa awoke in the morning after a restful sleep.
He noticed a nurse and attempted to sit-up so he could ask him* a question however the nurse quickly noticed and ushered him to go back to lying down.

"Tenma-san you shouldn't sit up yet you're still frail."-N

Tsukasa did a slight nod and went back to lying down.

"Excuse me but what happened?"-T

The last thing that Tsukasa could remember was seeing Saki and the others leave the room,falling asleep and then being on the floor and then back to being on the bed.

"You had a hemorrhagic stroke."-N
"Wha-what's that?"-T

The nurse was about to explain when he was called by the doctor.

"I'll explain after all he is my patient for now. You can go help the person in the room next door are you okay with that?"-D

The nurse agrees and leaves the room.

"Alright Tenma-san. A hemorrhagic stroke is when blood from an artery breaks causing blood to seep into you're brain which caused you to have a stroke along with some side affects."-D

"C-can I hear the full story behind this stroke?"-T

"Do you want to hear the full story?"-D

Tsukasa barely has enough strength to talk so he let out a small grunt signalling yes.

"Alright. So you got shot around the thigh area which knocked you off balance, however you fell backwards into the road and got hit by a car.
Hemorrhagic strokes are caused by numerous things. In your case being hit by a car triggered an artery to crack which later lead to it breaking and allowing blood to seep into your brain.
The side affects to hemorrhagic stroke that you are currently experiencing is numbness.
In the future you may experience headaches,vomiting and/or nausea, seizures, dizziness and loss of balance.
You're going to have to stay in the hospital for quite a long time. It'll be a while before you're able to go to school or outside again."-D

"Oh. Okay,thanks."-T

The doctor must've sensed Tsukasa's uneasiness because she tried to cheer him up.

"You know you're a very lucky young fellow! Never in my 10 years of being a doctor have I ever had a patient who has survived being shot,hit by a car and having a hemorrhagic stroke. Especially all within the same day!"-D

Tsukasa just looked out the window.

It was nice knowing that the reason he ended up in the hospital wasn't his fault.
That's right.
It was nice knowing that he isn't such an incompetent being that he landed himself in the hospital.
Or at least that's what he'd like to think.
Deep down... Tsukasa knew that everything going on in his life... was all his fault.

*i noticed that in most stories/fics there's always a female nurse so I thought that if add a male nurse for more representation :)

Y'all do not want to see my search history.
It is legitimately filled up with searches about Hemorrhagic strokes.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed!!

Also to those who started school today how was it?