Chapter 17: Dandelions

Rui Pov

Somehow... I still can't wrap my head around the fact Tsukasa is no longer here. It all feels like a bad dream. Even though I know it's not.
Everyday I go to PXL, I won't see your smile.
Everyday I go to school, I won't be able to find you.
If I just... If I just bothered to ask him how they were doing. Although I have a feeling that even if I did he would've lied.

I let out a sigh as I turned around on my bed to look up at the ceiling.

Tomorrow is Tsukasa's funeral.
I suppose I should go to sleep early so I have time to prepare and get to the funeral parlour in time.
I ended up skipping school today as well, although I don't think I would've missed much if I did go.

I closed my eyes and quickly drifted off into sleep...
                                       ****
I soon found myself in somewhere unfamiliar.
I was in a field of dandelion puffs that stretched further beyond what my eyes could see.

I started walking through the field of dandelions.
After a while I saw a very familiar figure.
I'd recognize that strawberry blonde hair anywhere.
That without a doubt, is someone I hold dear to me.

Just as I extended my arm out to him, he started running.

On instinct I started chasing him further and further into the field. It seemed like a never ending field, but then I soon found myself in what appeared to be the "centre" of the field. It was a somewhat small circle of grass surrounded by dandelions,

His back was facing towards me but he was no longer running.

I walked forward and grabbed his shoulder.

"Tsukasa?"

He turned around and smiled the same smile he always did.

"Hi Rui."

I could feel streams of tears flowing down my face.

"Tsukasa? Is it really you?"
"Yeah. It's me. Not the world future star. Just Tsukasa Tenma."

I tried my best to dry my eyes but it didn't work.
Then I felt Tsukasa hugging me.

"I'm so sorry Rui. Don't cry because of me. Things are better this way."
"What do you mean?"
"Things are better if I'm not with all of you. Me being with all of you dimmed your light. I'm sorry for hurting all of you."
"No you're wrong. Everyone loved you being there with us! Don't apologize..."

I pulled away and looked at him.
Without a doubt, it's Tsukasa.
He's here right in front of me alive in a dream.

"Do you know why we're in a field of Dandelions Rui?"
"Huh?"
"It's because these are something I can relate to.
I know you think I'm crazy right now so let me explain.
It's because dandelions are often regarded as annoying weeds or something you need to get rid of.  People clearly think that of me.
On top of that these are something that loses its beauty all too quickly. And once their beauty is gone you forget about them."
"Tsukasa what are you trying to say?"

He turns around to face the sun, his back now facing me.

"I want you to forget about me."
"What..?"
"I want you to forgot about me."
"No! I don't care what you say, no matter how much time passes I will always remember you no matter how hard I try to forget."
"But can't you see that remembering me is hurting you? I don't want you or Emu, Nene, Saki, Toya and the others feeling this way over someone like me."
"I won't accept your death until the day I die. I'll always regret my actions."

Tsukasa turned around, looked at Rui and smiled.
" I guess there's no point convincing you since you look so determined. But I'm sure one day your memory of me will fade."

Suddenly everything started to dissolve.
The last thing that I saw was Tsukasa walking away from me as the ground beneath me collapsed.
                                      ****
That morning I woke up crying.

Send help the twst opening was stuck playing in my head the entire time I was writing this.
Anyway, sorry if there are a lot of errors! I'm planning on editing this when I wake up.
And sorry if they seem a bit out of character.
And uhh yeah that's pretty much it.