Chapter 16

TW: mentioned suicide,swearing and minor violence.

Hi just wanted to apologize in advance in case I mischaracterized anyone in this chapter!

Also there is a very very long A/N at the end of this chapter!

Kamiyama Highschool
The day after Tsukasa passed away.

Toya Pov
It was lunchtime so Toya was on his way to Akito's classroom.
His eyes were slightly red and puffy. He also had bags under his eyes a lot.
He cried a lot last night.
But he didn't want to disturb anyone in the middle of the night so he went to Sekai.

Flashback to last night

When Toya arrived he saw Akito eating some pancakes while Meiko tried to cheer him up. Miku eventually noticed him and ushered them over.
"Oh Toya what brings you here?"
"I was afraid that I was making too much noise so I came here. What about you?"
"Didn't want my sister to know that I was awake at 1am so I came here. Although I'm used to crying quietly since my sister is always on calls in the middle of the night and I don't want to disturb her. And I was also hungry."
"Eating in the middle of the night isn't good."
"Tch. Anyway knowing you you're probably here to let out your emotions and cry? Just do it already nobody's going to get mad and hit you."

Miku and the other's nodded in agreement.
"Alright everyone why don't we leave those two alone for a bit."
Kaito and Meiko quickly leave with the others, leaving Akito and Touya alone. (With coffee)

"I just don't get it..."
"What don't you get?"
"I don't get how he was able to act like he was fine even though he wasn't. But that makes me wonder if he's been acting like someone he's not ever since I met him... and maybe I just never knew the actual Tsukasa. Or maybe he didn't feel comfortable being himself. I-I wish I noticed earlier so I could help him."
"Well uh maybe he experienced some sort of childhood trauma that prevented him from wanting to be himself. Or maybe he forgot what he used to be like after acting so much. Wha- hey Toya don't cry I'm sure Tsukasa wouldn't want you being sad."

End Of Flashback

It's odd though... I can't seem to recall what happened after that. I remember crying but that's about it.

"Oi Toya."
Toya saw Akito waving in his direction.
"Sorry did you wait long?"
"No not really. Anyway how're you feeling?"
"Better thanks for asking."
The two were leaving to find somewhere to eat when Toya heard a familiar voice yelling.

Nene Pov

Earlier on the news I saw that they found Tsukasa's body was found this morning. Apparently his boots were left on the bridge as well. They say that he died on impact. I don't understand why they put it on the news though seems a bit rude.

Nene sighs and rubs her eyes.
She had a hard time trying to fall asleep last night.
Nene gets up from her seat and starts to leave when she overhears a conversation between two people passing by her classroom.

"Hey guess what happened to Tenma"
"What did he put on a show and flub his lines?"
"Nah dude he finally died!"
"Aw man no way! I wanted to kill him myself! Well I mean at least he's finally dead."
"You know what's even better?"
"What?"
"He committed suicide!"
"You're right that is better!"
"God he was so annoying and egotistical."
"I know right he should've learned to just shut up."
"Nobody's going to miss him. Hell I'm willing to bet that everyone is happy he's dead."
"Yeah probably realized how much everyone hated him."
"Yeah nobody needs him anyway."

Their laughter echoed through the school hallway.

At that moment something inside Nene snapped.

They don't know anything. How dare they make fun of Tsukasa. Tsukasa was the reason why so many of us were smiling! Tsukasa was and still is such an important person to so many people.