Chapter 1

After fighting off Astron. Haruki went on home to heal his injuries to not let the others catch on.

Once, he opened the door he didn't expect Riku on his couch with his alien friend Pega at his side looming over placing a cold wet towel on his head.

Forget, why these two aliens broke into his home. How is an Ultraman sick?

"Riku Senpai, what happened?!" Haruki exclaimed with his usual loud voice. It made Riku wince. Pega shush him.

"Can we go to kitchen?" Pega asked politely

Haruki nodded to that request. He led him to his kitchen not before glancing worriedly at Riku.

When they got there, Haruki leaned against the sink letting Pega explain before he can jump into action on the issue.

"Alien Katan is in Riku's body. She's infected Riku."

"So, we have to go inside-"

Pega interrupts. "I'm sorry to interrupt but you'll get infected too if you guys tried that." He then whimpers. "Riku is trying to have her live longer but I think it's killing him too."

Haruki crumbled his fists. "Is there a cure for them?"

Pega turns to look at Riku who's sweating bullets still. "I'm not sure on this but maybe Ultraman Cosmos could help?" He mutters. "I wasn't in Riku's shadow when this happened to know more."

Haruki bends down to comfort the alien until Riku's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Haruki?"

Haruki rushed over but kept a distance. "Riku Senpai leave this to us. Just stay here."

Riku wiped the sweat off his forehead with his arm. "Pega, I told you not to involve him. It's especially rude to invade people's home."

Pega stomped his foot. "What should've I done?!"

Riku about to shout back, but Haruki held his hands up awkwardly.

"Um, if there's a way to cure her too then there's no reason to argue." Haruki tries to reason.

Riku sighs as he explains. "It's a disease that's similar to terminal cancer for humans. I can only help her with my body."

Pega gasped at this news.

"I won't accept that, Senpai. You don't care if it kills you too?"

"It's an Ultraman's duty to save lives. I want her to live longer." Riku simply said.

"Then I'll save both of you." Haruki stubbornly declared. He ignores the refusals from Riku.

If you don't care about infecting yourself in line of duty, then neither are we. Haruki thought to himself, unaware his partner isn't feeling the same way.