Untitled Part 8

"Well, I dunno what else to do if this doesn't work." Riku tells him as they stopped in front of the door.

"Steal King Joe on last day of work and go down fighting against Yoko's protest since it's her's." Haruki replies.

"I can't tell if you're being serious."

"Zett knows I'm impulsive like that." Haruki nods which made Riku look wary.

The door opened silenced the both of them. To Riku's surprise it's Ultraman's Cosmos human host, Mushashi.

He looked like he hasn't slept in days sporting only white tee shirt and long Johns. His eyebrows knit together in confusion probably wondering why these human youngsters at his doorstep.

Haruki bowed his head. "Cosmos Sama, it's an honor to meet you!" He ignored the quick jab on his arm.

"Mushashi Sensei, Haruki is an Ultraman host like yourself, you don't seem to remember me?" Riku seemed a bit sad.

Mushashi leaned against the entrance door. "I have so much paperwork to do. I can't remember every host's face."

Haruki lifts his head feeling a tension between the two. "Um, can we speak to Cosmos Sama?"

Mushashi opens the door more for them. "Sure, but watch your step I wasn't expecting visitors."

They both walked in to a dump, piles of clothes were on floor and papers scattered on shelf and tables.

(Please, don't offer to clean up. This is more important.)

"Can I clean up a bit, Sensei?" Haruki asked anyway.

"Sure, whatever." Mushashi shrugged started up his coffee machine in kitchen.

————————————————————————-

Haruki didn't want pick up another man's laundry but he's hopping the two will talk it out. He knows Riku Senpai was an orphan, so maybe Mushashi gave him hope of being a father figure to him?

(I already have a human father, but that's a pretty good guess.)

Haruki cheeks redden. He's still not use to an Ultra talking to him like this, Zett was not Ultra chatty.

(After leaving earth, I originally wante-) Riku's thought process got interrupted by Mushashi walking back to living room, speaking over him.

"So, I've spoken with Cosmos about you kids." Mushashi sat down besides Riku.

Haruki grinned. "You have a portal just like Zett."

Riku squinted in confusion. "Wait, what?"

Mushashi clapped his hands together to shut them up. It succeeded in startling them, but it worked. He smiles softly. "Alien Katan needs a special herbs back on planet near here, bring it and Cosmos will do the rest."

The older man face turned serious at Riku. "As for Haruki, Cosmos powers is limited for healing humans. I'm sure you already knew this."

Riku frowned.

"I wonder what she'll do back in her homeworld." Haruki asks out loud.

"I heard she owns a few bars." Mushashi mentions

Haruki blinks. "I didn't know aliens get drunk."
——————————————————————

A few hours later they're both in the ship heading to earth. Haruki glad he might be able to save the both of them. Plus, he misses his friends.

"I'm dropping you off home." Riku said quietly as he playing with his leftover food from Mushashi's home.

Haruki frowns slightly at the downcast expression. "You wanna take all the credit?"

"I'm going to my other home, afterwards." Riku still doesn't look up.

"I can't imagine going to someplace like that, it'll hurt my neck looking up." Haruki teased. He gave a look of mischief. "Zett, isn't getting rest for a long time once I get back, I've got too many questions."

Riku looked up a bit. "You sound like Yuka Chan."