Manga Flashback

Haruki received Riku's call, requesting him to go to vacant parking lot in early morning for training tips.

He wished he wore karate clothes for the occasion to train under an Ultra. Sadly, he had to sport his same old uniform since work starts in an hour.

Once, he got there Riku was standing around texting on his phone.

Haruki blinks confused. "Senpai, is this part of the training. Should I hit you now?"

Riku immediately puts away his phone with a awkward laugher. "No, but thank you for asking."

Haruki got into a fighting stance. He tilts his head as Riku picks up two big bags and goes to him.

Riku blinks as Haruki quickly side steps expecting a surprise attack. "Um, I wanted to give you these things.."

Haruki didn't falter. "Are we not training?"

Riku extends the bags to him.

Haruki frowned in disappointment before taking the bags. He looked inside.

"These helped me fights, so I'm passing my knowledge to you. Plus, I was told to get rid of them since my home been getting ants." Riku explained.

Haruki asked to confirm it. "Manga?"

Riku smiled proudly. "Half the collection, I've re read them during my first few months of fighting."

"Thank you for the gift, Senpai!" Haruki bowed.

—————————————————————————

Haruki decided to read the manga's that were collecting dust. He felt bad he didn't make free time to read them a few weeks ago .

Especially, when it turned out to be Riku's departing gift.

He sat down on his chair flipping through a few pages until he came across a few yellow sticky notes.

He takes them out out to read each one.
-Be careful with this move, I almost broke my arm.

-I recommend this one in human height since Zett's huge form is too slow.

Haruki sighed as he puts them back and shuts the book.

It's the first time he felt relatable to someone, even tho he wasn't a full Ultra himself. They both carry the burden and endure the pain from each Kaiju attack.

He regrets not trying out these moves before Riku left, now it's just an empty reminder in his bookshelf.