Prologue

Sirens blared in the distance as a young teen sprinted through the forest, blood trickling down his face. He shook his head as his bangs got in his eyes and he closed them tight, being careful with every step as to not alert anyone or anything that he was out there. His hoodie was drenched with blood, gasoline and sweat as he finally crossed the border between the city line and Slenderman's woods.

He crouched down under the low branches of a pine tree and panted, making desperate attempts to breath air through his smaug damaged lungs. He coughed up blood and carved a line down the tree trunk, marking where he'd been.

A jarring, static noise overflowed his senses and he looked up. A tall, pale skinned man stood over him, filling the boy with horror. The tall man had no facial features or hair, just a blank space where his face should be.

He stumbled backwards, falling onto the ground, his eyes wide with terror. All he could hear was that awful static noise, chipping away at his brain, before the sweet release of slumber hit him.

His eyes fluttered open. He was deeper in the woods than before, and he was standing up, as if he'd been walking for a long time. He couldn't hear sirens anymore, instead all he heard was the slow swish of the tree branches brushing up against eachother as the wind passed through them.

He shuddered as he realized the tall creature was standing next to one of the trees, slouched over as if to try and make eye contact, even with its lack of eyes. He stifled a scream, before catching his breath and looking up at the monster.

"What do you want with me?" His voice shook, and it was hoarse from smoke inhalation.

I want to help you, to guide you on your path to a greater power.

"I don't need your help!" The boy snapped. "I just did my greatest work yet, and I did it all on my own!"

You are on my land, and eventually this will all be mine, if you do not join the forest, you will be consumed by it.

His vision blurred, and the static sound filled his senses even louder than before, if he hadn't already carved into his face, he'd have started trying to tear his skin away to stop the noise. He screamed, agreeing to the creature's proposition, and the noise went away.

Slenderman erased all of Jeff's memories of his brother, they only return to him in nightmares now.