Chapter Four

I never had a vivid memory of my childhood. I can only remember few conversations which I know who said it but I can’t remember their voices.

My mind was filled with blurry images, few facial features and places I never saw again. There are also times where I doubt if my memories were real or just a mere confusion.

My mother whom I forgot what she looks like is beautiful. I believe she is really pretty.

Everytime I think of her, it was only her golden brown wavy hair, white long dress and a flower that were tied together as a crown. She loves to walk around, dance in the middle of dandelions and will sweetly smile at me. Her face is blurry. I know we both have coffee like eyes but I can’t remember her exact face no matter how much I try to recall it.

I remember that I made that necklace when I was a child, handed it to her so she can wear. There is no way it will have a duplicate.

The mystery of Vegas and how he managed to have that has been bugging me until I couldn’t sleep.

What if he knows where she is?

What if they met? What if they had known each other for a long time?

What if…he’s my older brother? A half-brother I never knew existed?

What if mother gave that necklace to him?

The more I think of him the more I am puzzled. All I wanted to do is to meet him again no matter how dangerous it could be and ask him.

“I am just going to ask.” I told myself and left the quarters.

I walk slowly through the spacious corridor of the palace, wearing my normal clothes and a sword on my waist. I wore the black colored cloak so that I can blend on the darkness of the night and started walking away.

“Where are you doing?”

I stopped taking my steps and even before my hand touches the gate, I heard a cold voice ask me. I can clearly feel his undying powerful presence.

“I will stroll around, Khun Kinn.” I smiled at him, covering the anxiousness and curiosity I have. 

His eyebrows scrunched, he stares at me and found out that I am not even carrying anything but just my sword.

“Did Tankhun ordered you to do something?” He asked and started walking to my direction, with his hands at his back.

“Young master is peacefully sleeping.” I answered.

Thank goodness that he is sleeping. If he is awake, then it’s either we will bleed our ears to death or our brains will explode with all of his weird ideas. For now, let me thank the night and the parts of our body that convince him to be asleep and shut his mouth. He sleeps early today which is not a good thing because he will definitely wake up at three in the morning tomorrow.

I take a step back when I notice that he keeps getting nearer and nearer. His eyes were fixed on my bruised neck. Please. Let us move on and stop staring at my neck.

“I don’t like it when someone touches you.”

What? Seriously, I can only make a confused face.

I was hesitant to move but I felt weird when he started walking so close to me that our bodies are almost an inch apart. He bent a little, sniff the scent on my neck and I felt his lips landed on my neck as if he wanted to cover Vegas’ marks.