Chapter Eighteen (END)

L A S T

  C H A P T E R

Long chapter ahead. HAPPY ENDING. 

Songs I played while writing this which you might want to listen to while reading: Atlantis, Hold On, Love in the Dark, and Promise (EXO). 

How I wish I wasn’t betrayed… or how I wish I never trusted. 

Pete felt himself being inside a moving carriage, taking the path far away from where his heart belonged. His stomach was turning upside down, and he is also dizzy so he wanted to puke and feeling of fatigued. He weakly turns to look at the person who is hugging him.

The hot tears weakly flow through his cheeks and his nose went red. He felt devastated to see his face.

Why?” Pete asked. He tried to wet his dry lips but even that simple task became hard for him.

Arm noticed that he woke up so he helped Pete to sit down properly. He helped Pete to rest his back comfortably by placing pillows. Like he usually does, he takes good care of Pete when no one else is looking. 

“We are created by your mother and from your mother’s soul.” Arm didn’t wait for Pete to ask. “If you choose him…” Pete saw how Arm contemplated his words. “Things will not be easy for you.”

“We can break the curse.”

“Sacrifice, Pete.”

Pete look outside and saw Dr. Top. The doctor didn’t face him but he knew it was him and he has been eavesdropping on their conversation. Pete is irritated and rolled his eyes as he remembers that this doctor tricked him to poison Vegas.

“You don’t understand it, Pete.”

“What can I not understand?” His tone went higher and frowned. “What else? Porchay is dead, we have Porsche’s necklace. It’s only the gem with Macau…and an angel’s feather, right?”

Pete saw how Arm tried to look at Doctor Top as if he is asking for the doctor’s help.

“Right, Arm?”

Arm shook his head and was reluctant to speak a word.

Arm!” Pete reaches out and grabs him close.

“The gem is connected to Macau’s heart, Pete. If Vegas take that, he will kill his brother.” Arm explained to him. “Macau will end up like Porchay.”

“You still don’t get it to do you?” Doctor Top asked and Pete can hear impatience in his voice.

“Vegas was cursed. His power includes destruction and the only way to break it is to destroy everybody.” Doctor Top explained. 

“Is there another way?” Pete desperately asked for another way. 

You.” Doctor Top answered which made him pause. “Have you read the whole book you stole from the library?”

“What?”

“Another way to break the curse is to sacrifice every angel alive,” The doctor explained. “Kill Macau and take the gem…or sacrifice the last angel alive.” He turns to look at Pete. “Which are you.”