Chapter Ten

“So cold…” Pete hugged himself and sat on the cold sand. His whole body is wet and with the cold air coming from the ocean, it is not helpful at all.

His lips began to tremble; fingers are getting wrinkly since he was soaked in the water for a long time. Sitting on the sand, hugging himself; he turns sideways and saw Vegas placing his own cloth on the rocks to dry them off.

“Are you not cold?” Pete asked the half-naked Vegas.

“I am.” Vegas answered and grab the blanket to cover himself. After wrapping himself with the blanket, he sat near Pete.

“What?” Pete questioned when he saw Vegas looking at him, almost not blinking.

Vegas face was solemn. “Remove your shirt.”

“What?!” Pete exclaimed hugging his own body tighter than ever.

However, he received a raise of an eyebrow from Vegas as if he was judging him.

“Cold.”

“I…I know it is cold…” Pete said, trembling.

“Remove your shirt and take the blanket,” Vegas spoke with his irritated voice. He can predict that Vegas is controlling himself to throw them on Pete’s face.

Pete who panic a while ago made a long “Ah” sound, understanding what Vegas meant.

“No, thank you.” Pete rejected Vegas’ suggestion. “Ugh, nevermind.”

It wasn’t part of Pete’s plan to wear his wet shirt all night, afraid that he might catch a cold. He slowly sat properly. He held the hem of his wet shirt and remove them, exposing his bare upper body. He felt shivers all over his body and the hairs on his skin started to rise. His smooth skin was exposed and he rubs them abruptly hoping that the friction is enough to keep it warm.

Pete tried to reach for the blanket so he had to look at the other side.

“You have scars.”

Pete’s whole body froze when he felt Vegas’s fingers on his back, unconsciously pointing the scars on his back. He felt the hands that was once cold became so warm on his back, tracing the scars with his slender fingers.

Pete’s heart began to pound faster as a different emotion knocked on his senses. The moment Vegas touched his scars, he felt something different that made him even more wondering. Vegas must have been so comfortable with him after winning the first challenge that he began talking a little bit longer.

“Yes. I have scars.” Pete said and grab the blanket.

Rather than wrapping the blanket around himself to keep him warm, he only gripped on it tightly. Vegas was at his back so he never knew the emotion the other person hold. But the way Vegas fingers moved, it more on fascinated that he have scars.

Pete had the scar years ago; probably when his mother died and the year where he lost some pieces of his memory. Until now, he does not remember where did he got the scars from. He keeps wondering if it came from a monster, a person or an accident.

“Someone’s fingers.” He heard Vegas speak that made Pete laugh a little.

“Do you also think that it came from a person?” He asked and look directly to the ocean that reflects the moonlight.