Chapter Nine

Everything is blurry for Vegas.

It was a memory his brain is trying to recall. The dark scene and Pete's voice faded then he began seeing an almost disappearing memory.

In between the field of dandelions and daisies, there are several children playing around. They are all wearing a nice, clean white clothes. They were like feather running through the flowers and bushes with laughter and unrecognizable scream of kids having fun. They were innocent children who do not have any clue on how the world will start becoming harsh to them.

Then, a young man, the same as the other that were playfully catching dragon flies during the golden hour approach him.

"Hey, Vegas." The voice said.

Vegas tried to look up but it was blurry and his memory was distorted. He can only glance at the young man's arms, other than that, his own memory failed to recall his face. The young man handed Vegas a flower of daisy. Vegas tried his best to recall the face but he keeps failing.

He saw the unrecognizable young man sat beside him as if it was only them in this world where people are having fun. He saw him holding a flower of daisy, twirling it on the air.

"Should I make a bracelet out of this? Or a necklace? What do you think?" The person asked him before the young man lay flat on the grass.
Vegas was about to answer when he heard his own voice answering the question.

"Are you not going to tell me your name?"

Vegas was stunned when he turns sideways and found a younger version of him sitting beside him. The young Vegas was holding some dried twigs and branches as he twist it a little, creating a bracelet.

Vegas found himself in between these two people; between his younger version and another person.

"I don't want to say my name."

"Why?" The young Vegas asked.

The stranger, the young man giggled before it rises from where he is lying flat. "So that you will come back here again tomorrow and the next day to ask my name. Isn't that smart? So that we will keep seeing each other hahaha."

Vegas saw his younger version let a downward smile. A smile he forgot he once had. Vegas eyes softened. It hurts to see the younger version of him this carefree and that he once had a version who can smile. How can he forget that he was once this free?

"Why do you want to see me again, huh?" How weird is it to see another him with a playful smile?

"Nothing! Just want to talk to you and we're the same."

"The same like what? Both angels from different world." Vegas sounds sarcastic answering that.

"Does the color of our wings makes us different? Hahaa. I don't think so. I want to see you tomorrow because a magical tree nearby will start to bloom its flowers. There could be lots of fireflies."

The young Vegas took a last twist of the bracelet he was making. A bracelet made of old twigs. "Are you inviting me to watch fireflies with you?" The excitement, curiosity and joy of his voice was different. "Are you sure that you're not leaving?"