Chapter Fifteen (VegasPete)

Escaping from Porsche tight grip and anger is considered to be a miracle. The whole day became stressful and was filled with wrath and agony.

Porsche’s anger about taking revenge of his brother’s death, Kim losing a love one and Kinn being unable to think for himself due to duty and responsibility were all running in circles in Pete’s head.

He flew through the valleys and plains, until he finally reaches the place. Having Vegas in his arms, Pete struggled to take him in a small hut; the place he once lived. Vegas has lost his consciousness and Pete knew that once this person wake up; he will be the normal Vegas.

A small hut is located in the middle of blossoming flowers of dandelions and small wild flowers. Its side are covered by lush trees that separate it from the rural area and suburbs. At the back is the Mountain of Shan- the place where Vegas will give all of the offerings. The mountain that said to be the home of Gods and Goddesses and the mountain where the angels used to guard and pray.

The heavy rain stopped, and so with the thunder and lightning. The night became colder, with the raindrops slowly dripping from the hut’s roof that is made of old coconut leaves.

Pete held Vegas to lay on the bed, made by bamboo and covered with a layer of thin foams and blanket so his back will not ache.

Pete took Porsche’s necklace from Vegas hand and place it close to the wooden shelve hand, besides an already dead succulent flower.

There are two more things needed; Pete and the gem from a sorcerer.

There is still no clue on which among the Theerapanyakul has it.

Pete reach out for a small lamp hanging on the corner, grabs a match stick and lit it up so that it won’t be too dark for him. He noticed that Vegas was damp with the heavy rain, hair was terribly a mess and there is stain of blood after being punched by Porsche.

“Good thing you didn’t break your face.” Pete said. He is aware that Porsche is physically unmatched. “Wahhh. You survived those punches? And you’re still breathing? You’re strong.” Pete asked the sleeping Vegas.
Pete sniffled while removing Vegas cloth. He separated it; not wanting to smell Vegas’ blood all over the place.

Pete bit his lips, trying to contemplate if he should remove the poor guy’s pants and change it to the extra once he had kept.

“I mean nothing." Pete took a deep breath, posture his body sideways and with his eyes closed, he tried to reach for Vegas’ pants.

The way he pulls Vegas’ lower garments was so gentle; afraid that this person will go hesterical and slice his neck by thinking that he did something wrong towards him. When Pete knew that he has successfully removed Vegas garments, then grab a piece of trousers he had.

“Please don’t wake up…” Pete whispered again with his slightly close. He tries to take a peak to see if he had even slightly worn it to Vegas. “Oh God.” He cursed when his eyes saw Vegas state, as if he did something sinful.

After that do or die situation, Pete managed to make it through. The small nipa hut was located far away from people; almost hidden from the world. Creatures and mortals barely knew that this place can be visited.

This was once the home of the angels, a festive small village like a butterfly but was cocooned in between vegetation and diversity. It was near the great Mountain of Shan where wishes and request are heard by the Gods.