Chapter Six

The news of Vegas disappearance has reached all creatures in the town of Cumulus. The people began to share their theories and gossips and warn everyone to be careful if the devil as they all call him starts to slaughter the town people again. The fear has creeped upon that some has begun praying to the Gods for the immediate death of Vegas.

Kinn volunteered to search for Pete being accompanied by the pack Porsche handled. Riding his horse, Kinn maintain his calm composure and followed the werewolves as he trusts their senses.

“I am not familiar with his scent.” The werewolf named Anon spoke as his deep-set brown eyes scans the place.

They are heading through the corner of the town, searching on the places that are barely visited. Vegas scent is indeed difficult to find as they have never encountered him before.

Furthermore, angels don’t have particular scent since they are barely felt by other creatures as what the tale described them.

“Pete is a mortal,” Kinn spoke that Porsche looks at him sideways. “I think it is easy to locate him.”

Kinn already handed them a piece of Pete’s cloth where his naturally body scent have been attached. There is no other way Pete won’t be located.

Kinn focused his attention to the road, not even giving a second of glance to Porsche. Without his knowledge; his rival who was very vocal of hating him had something in his mind.

Porsche was walking, not noticing the way with his mind occupied with what happened the other day. In the middle of the battle with Kinn where they will usually wrestle on the muddy ground until one almost suffocates to death; it is when he felt a sudden heat.

Shame of what might happened if he didn’t release it, Porsche ran through the woods; hiding himself from the fairies and werewolves who might have seen him doing it. Kinn thought that Porsche was just fooling around, testing his patience that he followed.

Whatever happened that day, Kinn helping him to release the heat in his body particularly to his lower part was a memory he wanted to forget. If he could just smash a log of wood to his head until it crushes his brain, then he will.

Kinn just pity that a fucking werewolf like you is in fucking heat. Porsche said to himself.

The concept of them must remain as rival makes it even harder. It must be hard to admit but Porsche has always seen Kinn as someone other than a rival. Kinn was more than that to him.

Kinn was the first person who played with him when the rest thought of him as a disgusting werewolf. He didn’t show any disgust but rather irritation because he defeated him in the game.

They are friends after all…or it was only Porsche who thinks that way.

“Look at where you are walking.”
Porsche removed the thoughts in his head when he heard Kinn spoke.

He shrugged his shoulder, rolled his eyes and look up. “I know what I am doing.”

“Can you feel Pete’s presence?” Kinn has asked him about that a hundred times already.

“Not yet.” Porsche replied.

He saw Kinn let out an exasperated sigh.

“Does he mean that much?” Porsche asked timidly and it breaks him more when Kinn nodded.