Chapter 4: Unexpected visit

Ashley's POV

"What are you doing in here!" Tristan yelled.

Tristan glared at me, his eyes squint as he stared daggers into my soul. I noticed as his face flashed red.

He was completely naked! 'Beautifully naked,' A voice in my head added.

I turned away, squinting my eyes as I wished myself out of here, maybe if I tried hard enough, I would magically disappear from this situation.

I was now truly trapped, my face facing the wall as the water continued to pour. I didn't have the guts to close that tap.

And then the water stopped. I knew right at that moment that it was now time to face him.

I slowly turned around to face him, my hair dripping wet and my uniform now sticking to my body.

I looked up for a second before returning my eyes to the ground.

He had now wrapped a towel around his waist, bare chest and perfect muscles.

He was still glaring at me; his anger was probably building up.

Like a school child, I stood there with my hands held together. Waiting for my punishment.

"What are you doing," He repeated. This time his voice was more threatening and demanding.

My brain froze, I didn't know what to do or what to say.

I imagined the different possibilities that would result from this conversation, none of them were good. Getting fired was the least of my worries and probably inevitable, I'm sure he would ruin me and the little reputation that I had.

"I'm sorry sir," I finally managed to speak.

With my head down, that didn't sound very convincing. I should at least gather up the carriage to look at him, maybe I could appeal to his better nature.

Or wait, he doesn't like people maintaining eye contact with him, does he? I remembered all the horrific stories Sandra and her friends said.

"Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you." He demanded.

Frightened, I quickly looked up and then at the floor again.

Was this a trick?

Maybe I was overthinking things, it was clear that whatever Sandra and her friends had said was true.

"I'm really sorry sir, I was told not to disturb and to leave before you arrived. When you arrived, I got scared so I hid." I explained.

His anger was now replaced with confusion.

"What am I, some kind of monster that you have to ride from?" He questioned.

"Everyone thinks you are scary sir," I answered.

I hadn't realized that I had said it out loud. I was shaking, I didn't know if it was from fear or that my clothes were completely wet.

I think for a second I saw him smile.

"What were you going to wait until I was asleep?" He said sarcastically.

'That was the idea,' I wanted to say.

"So, you couldn't have just left through the door like a normal person." He continued.

He was completely right; I had just made a complete fool of myself for nothing.

Leaving then would have been a lot less trouble than this situation I was in right now.

But wait, where was this conversation going? Was he just prolonging when he was going to fire me?