Chapter 7: You sound familiar

Ashley's POV

"Where were you?" Marcus repeated.

My brain froze, why was he looking for me? Wasn't it enough that I was fired?

"I was just ..." I spoke confused.

"You were just what? Trying to get a day off? Just when I thought you were the least pathetic employee I had, you ended up disappointing me." He spoke.

I stood there dumbfounded. Did that mean that I wasn't fired? What about that whole incident with Tristan?

"I'll have you know that if you don't show up tomorrow, you can say goodbye to your job. Maybe I should give your job to someone more interested in doing it." He spoke. "Be there eight a.m. sharp." He added.

Before I gathered the words to ask, Marcus had already hung up.

Ten minutes after the conversation, I still couldn't process his words. Did he really mean it? Could I really get my job back? I was pretty sure by the way Tristan reacted that I was never getting my job back. I guess miracles do exist.

*******

It took all the strength I had left in me for me to get up this morning and even more strength for me to get ready for work.

There were many hours between last night and this morning which meant that I had time to get all the negative thoughts into my head.

Did Marcus really want me back to work or was he using this as an opportunity to embarrass me even further? What if they publicly wanted to make an example of me? I wouldn't put anything past him.

But despite all my negative thoughts, I still needed this job. It was worth the risk of whatever chaos was about to follow.

This morning, I was an hour early for my shift.

I stepped off the bus to walk to the hotel.

"Ashley!" I heard someone yell my name.

I turned around to see Ivy breathlessly running towards me.

I stopped for her to catch up.

"Ash, where have you been? Why weren't you answering your phone? Marcus went crazy yesterday trying to look for you. I called too but it went straight to voice mail." Ivy rumbled breathlessly.

I sighed. "I don't even know where to begin," I answered.

I then began explaining what had happened.

If I had a normal friend, I would have expected her to sympathize with me or perhaps try to console me, but my friend wasn't normal. Instead, she threw a fit of laughter.

"You have to admit, it's a bit funny." She spoke in between laughs.

"I'm in a crisis right now," I spoke.

"Okay, I'm so sorry," Ivy spoke trying to stop herself from laughing.

I shook my head at her as she tried to maintain a serious expression.

"How did Waylen manage to get past all that security," Ivy asked.

"I don't know, all I know is that everything is a mess and now Tristan thinks we slept together," I spoke.

Ivy laughed. "Maybe you should tell him you are having his baby," She joked.

"This is serious, you didn't see how mad he was," I spoke.

"It will be alright, besides, he left early yesterday. Probably around the time after you had your encounter. He probably just never got to tell Marcus that he had fired you." She spoke.