1 - Harrowing

Malin had moved to Rhett's small town just shy of his freshman year of high school and just in time for football tryouts, but when the small man arrived at the field for tryouts all he received was negative reactions. Malin had prepared for this moment, when he told his parents what he wanted to do his parents sat him down and warned him of the reactions he was likely would receive. He took their warning and spent the entire summer training, he was determined to prove these people wrong, and what better way than being better than all of them.

When he easily kept up with even the seniors who were already on the team, everyone was surprised. Some took it in stride, excited to have such a good player trying out for the team, but others felt threatened by him. The only one who didn't treat him like any other player was another freshman named Rhett. He actively worked with Malin and they two quickly became a duo with Rhett playing quarterback and Malin being the wide-receiver. The two quickly became starting players, leading the team to state championships all four years of high school. During their junior year, they were scouted by colleges but they were determined to continue playing together. They refused to be separated, but the colleges were just as excited to get them both. They two discussed the options endlessly, looking over the programs offered at the colleges as well as the stats for the football team. Although they enjoyed the game, they also wanted a decent education. They were well aware they wouldn't be able to play for the rest of their lives. They couldn't depend on the support forever, so when they were offered full-ride sports scholarships to a college that had decent programs for physical therapy and sports medicine they were quick to commit.

Although college had its moments and there were plenty of late nights and tired days. It was about halfway through their freshman year when the two stumbled into a BDSM club located within the city. They had been trying to escape the rest of the football team, needing a break from the amount of attention the group attracted. They were caught off guard by the scene they were met with, but they were fascinated by the scene. Although they weren't a fan of the fact they could so easily walk into such an intimate place, they sat in one of the booths and just observed. They took in everything that was happening, storing the information away for later. When they finally left, they went back to their shared apartment and researched as much as they could about what they had seen. Falling deep into the rabbit hole that is BDSM. Eventually, they found a much more exclusive club, one with memberships and anonymity. It was the perfect opportunity for the two of them. They could explore the new world without having to worry about the public finding out about what they did in their free time as it was part of the membership contract not to share other members' identities. With applications submitted, interviews set up, and soon to be accepted, the two young football players started the exploration of a new lifestyle that would quickly become a major part of their lives.

The two pressed on through college with high grades and record-breaking statistics. They lead the team through the best seasons and made frequent trips to the BDSM club, over the years they went through several pieces of training not only to become dominants but for a multitude of different kinks. They were looking for their specific interests and were determined to do them correctly. Malin studied impact and wax play deeply, while Rhett took on sensation play and sensory deprivation. The two took on submissives separately, but together they were quite the team. By their final year, they discovered that separate relationships just weren't for them. Submissives or partners often ended up jealous of their friendship, and sharing a submissive between them became their goal. One that would need patience, but one they didn't mind waiting for.

Soon enough they were walking the stage to get their diplomas, receiving cheers and tears as they said goodbye to friends, team members, and professors. They had enjoyed their time in college and were proud of themselves for obtaining the degrees and certificates in the areas they looked forward to doing when their football careers ended. They hoped that between Rhett's physical therapy knowledge and Malin's sports medicine knowledge they could open a facility that focused on the rehabilitation of athletes. But their time with football wasn't over, they were still young, in their prime. When they were drafted in the NFL, the two made it well known that if there chosen during the draft and not left alone to later be signed as free agents together, then they would not play at all. The threats worked in their favor as they were ignored during the draft only to be bombarded by the teams once it ended. The two had already ranked the teams, they knew which team they wanted the most. Even though they weren't contacted by their top pick, they were contacted by their second choice and were just as excited to be a part of the team.