8 - Cosset

It didn't take long for the two men to gather Shiloh's belongings, they were surprised by just how little there was. They gathered all the comfortable clothes they could find, silently grinning as they found sets of small shorts with matching oversized tees. They packed it all, not sure how long Shiloh would be staying and wanting him to be comfortable. They also grabbed some casual clothes in case it was necessary as well. All of Shiloh's toiletries and electronics were already at their house, so all that was needed was the bag. In a separate backpack they tucked in a pair of regular black sweatpants and a white t-shirt, but also a pair of soft joggers in a lilac color with a matching crop top. The lilac set still had the tags on and they found it at the very back of the drawer, but they put it in anyways just in case. When they made it back to their place, they packed everything they would need while staying at the office. Finally, they packed up Shiloh's sketchbooks, laptop, and other little things he might need.

It was already late afternoon by the time they got all the bags put into the living area attached to their office. They immediately went into the meeting with the security team. A majority of the group was happy to accept jobs and make the switch, while a few decided to leave. They spent the next couple of hours discussing with the managers how things would run from then on. They gave a run down on what happened the previous day, only mentioning they had a disagreement with the company's CEO. The new security managers assigned 4 guards to follow the two around until the lockdown began. Malin quickly became annoyed with their followers, but he knew it was something he would have to get used to now. The companies have increased in aggression and they would have to react accordingly for their own protection.

It was nearly noon by the time the two made it back to the hospital. When they walked into the room, Shiloh was still dozing. He had the blanket pulled up so high, only his nose and up could be seen. They looked at him carefully, he might have seemed to be sleeping peacefully, but his face was redder than when they left him. His cheeks were puffy and they could see the tracks left by dried tears. They knew something must have happened the previous night.

Their thoughts were interrupted by a nurse entering, "He was in emotional distress and we had no choice but to sedate him." Malin's eyes widened at the news. "The sedation should have worn off hours ago. He must be exhausted not to have woken up already, but he needs to wake up now and take his meds. Would you two mind waking him up? I'll go grab his discharge papers. After he takes the meds he'll be good to go. There's prescriptions that'll have to be picked up, pain meds and antibiotics to make sure he doesn't get an infection."

"Yeah, of course. We'll wake him up and get his meds in him. Can he shower before he leaves?"

"Yes, but he can't lift his hands above his head and try not to get soap on the wound."

"Yes ma'am."

The nurse left the room quickly while the two men moved to either side of the bed. They started by gently saying his name but eventually had to escalate to gently shaking him. Shiloh tried to bat the hands away and bury himself deeper into the blankets. His head was pounding and he just wanted to go back to his dream.

"Come on, Shiloh. I'm sure you want a shower and to get out of here." Shiloh popped one eye open to look at whoever was by his bed, coming face to face with Malin.

"Shower?"

"Mmhhmm, but one of us will have to help you... You can't lift your arms right now. Will that be okay?" Shiloh's face went nuclear at the thought of someone seeing him naked. No one had seen him in a state of undress since his parents stopped bathing him at the age of 6.

"I.. uhm... can I wear something?"

"Of course. But all I have are boxers from the convenience store, but they might be a little big as they are Malin's size, and one pair of yours for you to put on once you're clean. The other option is to just wrap a towel around your waist." Rhett's response was quick and without hesitation.