21 - Congenial

It was five days after the incident and Shiloh couldn't take the doting any longer. Malin and Rhett were asking if there was anything they could do, anything they could get or do for them, all while barely having touched Shiloh since everything happened. It was too much. Shiloh just wanted things to return to normal, for the two to go back to being the Kýrie and Kýrios that Shiloh had become so used to.

"I can't. I can't do this anymore. I'm not glass. I'm not broken. He got in some good hits. Whatever. I've had worse. I was shot for god damnit. You two have walked on eggshells since everything happened. You've barely touched me while trying to do everything for me. I might be a little bruised, but I'm fine. Even the doctors said so. When you're ready to accept that, you'll find me at the club." Shiloh's voice was hard, a tone the two hadn't heard since Shiloh had been guarding them, but the men didn't miss the tears that Shiloh tried to wipe away. Before they could even respond Shiloh was gone from the room and the front door could be heard closing.

Malin and Rhett stared at each other for a moment in stunned silence. They didn't mean to treat Shiloh so differently, but the way their sperm donor had talked about them as if they were just an item, not a person let alone his child. They just wanted to take care of Shiloh and give them the fragile care they never received from their father. However, they didn't realize how Shiloh might have taken it.

"We fucked up..." Rhett mumbled the words Malin had been thinking.

"That we did... but we'll make it right. Come on. We have some errands to run before we go to the club and have a chat with our doll." Rhett nodded his head in agreement. The two had some work to do and forgiveness to earn.

Shiloh stomped into the empty club and threw themself onto one of the couches. They curled into a ball and just absorbed the silence that surrounded them. Shiloh was sure the twins and maybe even Ciarren were here and they were likely aware of their presence in the club by now, but Shiloh didn't plan on moving from their spot until someone made them.

Shiloh eventually fell asleep on the couch, tears drying tracks on their face. That was how Ciarren found them, curled up on a cold leather couch and tucked into a tiny ball. He could easily assume what hurt his small friend, it wasn't uncommon for doms to go into gentle protective mode when something happened. With a quick text, Osiris appeared from the offices, and with a sad smile, he picked Shiloh up and walked to the playroom they usually used. Ciarren followed behind, refusing to let his friend wake up alone. Once in the room, Ciarren pulled the blankets back so Osiris could set Shiloh directly on the sheets before he pulled the cover over them. Ciarren laid on top of the covers close but not too close and let himself slip into a light sleep.

Sometime later, Ciarren woke with a start to a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see Malin with a soft smile on his face. "I take it you two know what you did wrong?"Ciarren's voice was almost a whisper.

"We do. We bring presents and an apology." Ciarren narrowed his eyes and took the bag from the man, he peaked through it before grinning at the pair.

"Good. It's probably almost open time so I best go get changed and get things ready. Will I see you all later or do you plan on spending the night here?" Ciarren gave them a cheeky grin as he climbed out of the bed.

"If all goes well, we should be out shortly." Ciarren didn't stick around any longer, knowing Shiloh was in good hands.

Malin turned his focus to Shiloh. He had had an episode earlier while shopping and after seeing a text from Osiris telling them that Shiloh was safe napping with Ciarren in their playroom, he gave in to Rhett and slept off the last of the effects. Now he was feeling well rested and excited. Malin set the bag at the foot of the bed before sliding the comforter off Shiloh and climbing onto the bed next to them. He nuzzles his face into Shiloh's neck, placing light kisses all over. Rhett lay on the other side, sliding his hand under Shiloh's shirt and trailing his fingers over the sensitive skin of their ribs.