5 - Serendipity

Shiloh was silent as he followed the two men closely. He carefully took in his surroundings, making note of whereabout they were, the people on the street, the people in line, and finally the very large man guarding the door. He grinned as Malin and Rhett approached him, receiving an equally large grin in return.

"MJ! Rhett! It feels like forever since you've been here." The man's voice was as deep as Shiloh expected it to be.

"It's been too long. We're excited to be here. We both need a break. This is Shiloh, he's our bodyguard." The bouncer's eyes raised in surprise. Through all the issues, attacks, and research papers released, the two men had never hired a personal bodyguard. "Yeah... It's gotten bad."

Shiloh could feel the bouncer glance him over, but his gaze didn't hold the usual disbelief that most people did when they found out what he did, Shiloh just watched curiously as the man opened his mouth only to be cut off by Rhett. "No, he's not part of the scene. We know he's pretty, but you all best leave him alone."

Shiloh didn't even catch on to the comment about his looks, instead, he watched fascinated as the large man actually pouted, "Fine, go on through. Joshie is at the booth. He'll give you a black band for your guard. That'll keep anyone from approaching him."

"Thank you, Zeke." Malin glanced at Shiloh one last time, before walking through the doors, followed closely by Rhett. They stopped by a booth run by a man wearing little clothing but sporting a massive grin. He didn't listen to what they were talking about as he took in the club. He scanned from left to right and repeated, first taking note of all exits, doorways, and everything else he might need to know if things went wrong and then looking again and actually taking in what was happening. His body flinched violently when a large hand grabbed his wrist, wrapping a black band around it. Shiloh bit his cheeks harshly to bring his focus back on his clients and not the surroundings that were so new to him.

Rhett gave him a concerned look which Shiloh ignored before following Malin farther into the club. Shiloh followed them farther back, passing the dance floor and a bar, and approaching an area filled with dark leather couches. The two approached a group of people while Shiloh found a spot along the wall where he could see everything.

He was struggling to wrap his mind around it all and his focus was torn between his clients and this new world he's only just discovered. He could practically feel his father on his shoulder scolding his lack of focus. He could feel the punishment he would no doubt have recieved if he had still been in training. He could do this. He had to do this.

He focused back on the two men sitting on the couches talking to a couple of other men, some with their partners sitting on their laps while others had them kneeling at their feet. He thought maybe they were in trouble, but as he watched one man slide his fingers through the hair of the man at his feet, the pure bliss on his face was obvious. There was no way it was a punishment. But why would he do that? Why would he enjoy it? Questions were bouncing around his head so violently a headache was forming.

Another scan of the surroundings. He watched as a group of men in different states of dress danced in a tight pack. He could see them glancing at men sitting at the bar, very obviously putting on a show for them. The men at the bar watched with smirks on their faces as they nursed their drinks and spoke amongst themselves. He continued the scan through the rest of the club.

He scanned again. This time watching as a grinning man was led down a hallway and out of sight, but instead of following the man nearly twice his size on his feet, he was crawling behind him with a black leash connecting the large man's hand to the smaller man's neck. The smaller man would get distracted by something and slow only to be tugged gently and continue following. He continues the scan, seeing Malin gesturing towards him and the others in the group glancing at him. He ignored their stares more concerned with understanding what exactly is happening.