🔹two🔹

Noor's POV:

It was a midnight flight. Everyone in the flight was already asleep as it was past midnight. I was the only one who was wide awake.

I was staring ahead blankly wandering around thoughts when sleep overtook me. I was woken up from my slumber by the crying of a baby who was with his father. The baby looked irritated because of hunger. The father took out a bottle of milk and started feeding him. After he finished drinking, the father took him in his lap and cooed him in soft voice. The baby too smiled and replied in babyish voice making the father smile with glee.

Looking at father-son duo made me so happy. They were enjoying their time together with no other worry in the world. Fathers are the best, aren't they?

Looking outside the window I wondered, life would be have been so different and peaceful had Abba been there. He was the one who kept us connected and now as he's gone, we are all broken and chaotic.

Author's POV:

Noor Khan Siddiqui was eighteen years old when she lost her father, Mansur Khan. She was appearing for her 12th exams when she got to know that her father had brain cancer and it was the last stage.Even all the treatments and surgeries couldn't keep him alive. It was not even five months after the diagnosis of the disease when her father passed away. Noor was not only heartbroken but was depressed. She was daddy's little princess in the literal sense. It was not like he gave her whatever she asked for without thinking. But the way she was now was all because of him. She knew she could face the world all by herself because he's always standing beside her. She can feel him. He's there with her, always, forever. But she knew she had to be strong then, for her mother and her sister. Her father was the only one who held the three of them together. And now she has to do that. Otherwise everything will be destroyed. Noor didn't understand where her life was leading. She wanted to be a doctor always. But she couldn't do well with her first attempt, she wasn't disheartened. She too hoped to go abroad and study. But at that time, their financial condition was not that good, after the treatment of her father and after his demise, his salary being subtracted from the annual income of the family. And also, living her mother and sister within one month after the hurtful incident was not something she wanted to do. She wanted to be there for them.

She could see her mother, Hiba Siddiqui, getting heartbroken every time and it pained her heart. She wanted to console her but didn't know the words of consolation. She felt helpless. She took admission in one of the colleges in her native place to pursue her graduation. She wanted to help her sister too, which she could to some extent. But in meantime she felt alone. As if there was nobody she could talk too.

After time, she closed herself and made walls around her. She was done. Now she no more wanted to talk or share. She was happy with herself, with being alone. She didn't need anybody. After she got selected for MBBS, she went to another city to complete her degree and then she went abroad to pursue her medical career.

****

Shaharyar sat in his seat in his flight and delved in the screen of his laptop. Unlike the others, he was wide awake and was busy in verifying the documents in his laptop. He wouldn't be allowed to sit with his laptop once he reaches home so he has to complete all his works before his flight lands.

From the time time he had boarded the flight, it had the same. He was all engrossed in his work not paying any attention to his surroundings. After he completed reviewing all the files, he finally shut down the laptop.

He was going home after three years. Was he excited? Yes, very much. Was he nervous? A hell lot. He has changed over time and he knew that. Even if nobody cared but his Maami would surely do. And she will be all around him asking him the reason behind it.

##

Author's POV:

Shaharyar had changed but for the better or for the worse, he didn't knew that yet. Shaharyar was born in a low class family. Munawar Khan and Sahida Khan were a couple who had everything except a child to them. Sahida always wanted a child and so they had adopted him, Shaharyar Munawar Khan. He was very much loved by his adoptive parents. He was the apple of their eye. Everything was fine and smooth. His parents extended family too loved and accepted him. He believed so until one fine day he came to know the actual truth.

He was 20 years old when his mother passed away due to sudden heart attack. His father was deeply in love with his mother. They had a love marriage. And his father was a person who in the actual sense could give his life for his lady love. He was heartbroken, depressed, he would cry anytime remembering about her. He grew weak and soon got detected with severe illness. And within a span of some months he too passed away. Munawar Khan had three brothers.

Mansur and Munawar were childhood best friends. After the doctor informed them it was the last stage, Shaharyar was heartbroken. Mansur Khan then took it to his responsibility to take care of his brother like friend.

The brothers took a fight for the property. Mansur coming to know of that had a huge fight with them. The relations grew bitter. Even after all the tries, Munawar Khan died a painful death. The three brothers afterwards tried to take over Munawar's property without giving a single penny to Shaharyar.

That was the time when Mansur Khan came up and took a stand with Shaharyar. Mansur saw the true colors of Munawar's brothers.

He took a fight in favor of Shaharyar and promised to get him what he deserved. And that was the time Shaharyar came to know the soft person behind the hard and tough exterior. He always thought him to be rude and arrogant as he had always seen him scolding someone or the other. But the thing he never noticed is why does he scold? He scolds to make you right. He started to grow huge respect for that man. Even if he was rude in mouth, he was honest. But the three brothers, they were snakes with honey in their mouth.

Mansur Khan did all he could do to get him his share, and he was also able to do it. He did receive some of it when Mansur too passed away. He was heartbroken. The two father figures of his life were gone. There was no one who could show him the right path. His Maami, Hiba Siddiqui gave him all the money and shares she had which belonged to his Dad and helped him to settle. He tried to reconnect with his birth parents but he couldn't. Although they welcomed him with open hands but he couldn't grasp their fingers. He was not able to.

He felt there was no one he could call his family except his Maami, her daughter Nikhat Appa, and her, Noor. Noor was the female version of her father. She doesn't believe in backstabbing. And she was the one after his fathers who showed him the path to success.

He was never interested in studying but she made him study and taught him by herself. He gave the exams and passed them. She made him dream higher and he did. She made him try harder and he did and that was how he became the 'Great Shaharyar Munawar Khan.

****

Here comes the second chapter.

Do share your reviews and tap the star if you like it.

Thank you.
Love..