🔹three🔹

Author's POV:

Noor had reached home in the morning itself. Having a cup of coffee, she attended some calls from the hospital. They had their breakfast, her mother made a lot of things. It was good. Having 'ghar ka khaana' after so many years. Nothing could taste like the food that your mother makes. Even her khichdi also tastes divine. Presently, she was sitting with her mother and her sister and her cousin who had come for the wedding and opening the gifts which she had brought for them. Noor wasn't sure if her mother would like the gift, but fortunately she did. It was light embroidered but beautiful chikankari lavender salawar kameez. She had done most of the shopping of jewelries for the wedding in the U.S. itself. Although Noor was never much interested in getting dressed up but according to her sister she had a great fashion sense.

Her sister was too excited looking at the jewelries and dresses. Noor couldn't help but smile. Her sister was getting married. And her sister was happy, it could be seen in her face. Ashar was a really nice guy. Noor had not met him in person till now but whenever they face-timed, he appeared to be really nice. He was soft with her sister, adored her, and of course he respected her. That was all it needed. Love happens after marriage too.

She got out of her thoughts when her phone rang, again. Her mother was irritated.

"Badi meherbaani ho jaati, agar tum apne iss phone ko bhi wahin chod ke aa jati. Jab dekho baje hi ja raha hain."

Noor sighed hearing her mother. She stood up and walked to a corner. It was a call from hospital. Of course, Noor cannot sit here at home for the whole three weeks. So, she was working in a hospital in the native place and they would call her whenever she was needed. Now, she had to go. But her mother would kill her if she got to know.

##

Noor tiptoed out of the house and looked for a vehicle. But they were only cars. And she didn't knew to drive them. She thought to catch a public vehicle. She got in an auto-rickshaw. It had been years that she had traveled in an auto. It felt good. She looked at the outer surroundings, as she didn't get time while coming from the airport as her mother was getting hyper. The city had changed, a lot. There were a lot different shops and stalls she had not seen. It all felt unknown to her. True, every thing changes with time.

****

Shaharyar's POV:

I entered the house and Maami took me into a warm hug. This is what I missed, may be. The warmth, warmth of love. My heart still searches for it. I too hugged her back. Leaving the hug, Maami looked at me for at least ten seconds continuous. She then leaped up on her legs and kissed me on the forehead. I closed my eyes and smiled. She welcomed me and after a bit of chit-chats, I got up to go fresh n up. She served the lunch and we all had it together and then we opened the gifts that I had brought them. Nikhat was happy, and I was happy looking at her being happy. I had met Ashar once and he appeared to be a nice guy. He was well- settled and my sister too was well settled. They both respected each other's profession. It was perfect.

Everything was good. I attended some business calls. Maami and Nikhat were at the kitchen cooking the dinner. And after that I was going to prepare a sweet dish. I made good food, not boasting as such. But yeah, they are eatable. And they said they missed my cooking skills but also they felt bad to ask to cook as I was having a jet lag. So I opted to cook the dessert.

****

Noor's POV:

I took a sigh of relief as I sat in my chair after almost two hours of continuous surgery. There were no other cardiac surgeons and so I had to perform the surgery. Opening my eyes, I took a look at the clock and my breath got stuck. Shit! It's 9:30 pm. I hurriedly got up and packed my bags and started to leave. But there were no autos available at that time. Luckily a fellow colleague doctor I met today offered me a lift.

I reached and getting down greeted him a goodbye. Now, how do I enter? If I enter from the front gate, I will be asked a thousand questions. An idea struck my idea. I went to the backyard. It was all dark. Switching on the phone's flashlight I could get hold of the ladder. I went to our room's window and placed it there. I took some steps but the chunri of my salwar kameez got stuck somewhere in the ladder and it pulled me down. I shut my eyes fearing the breaking of my bones. I fell down with a thud! Aah.... my bones.

****

Shaharyar's POV:

Why are the businessmen always so ready to boast about their son or daughter or whoever is studying abroad. Main kya karoonga yaar jaan ke, kyun batana hain mujhe? And all we can do is say, 'oh really', 'that's so amazing', 'you must be so proud'. Arghh!!! This man has been eating my head with all that from past half an hour. I am so irritated right now. I don't know how many rounds I have taken of the house already with the never ending call in my hand. And finally the calls comes to an end. Shukr-allah!!

I greeted him some last goodbyes and ending the phone was just about to turn when something or rather someone fell in front of me from the sky with a thud. From the sky, really? The area was dimly lit. I couldn't see who she was and of course she was facing downwards. I put the phone in my pocket and bent down to pick up the lady.

"Aap thik he, ek minute ruke."

I held her by her arms and made her stand up.

That was when she looked up and I could see her face. Actually her eyes. Coz, her face was not properly visible. Her eyes were so pretty. I have seen them earlier. Suddenly her eyes became teary. As I was about to ask her something someone called from behind. Before I could turn to her again, she disappeared. I looked up to find a ladder to a room. Ohh, so it was from here where she fell and not from the sky. I chuckled at the thought.

****

Here comes the third chapter..

Do share your reviews and tap the star if you like it.

Thank you.
Love..