🔹four🔹

Author's POV:

Noor went up to her room. After taking a bath, she came out looking fresh in a light green salwar kameez. She went to the kitchen to see her sister arranging the dishes for dinner. She too helped her to arrange the table. The dinner was nice, with Hiba asking Shaharyar about his business and Noor about her day today. Shaharyar kept stealing glances of Noor. But in case of Noor, she didn't spare him a look.

****

Shaharyar's POV:

The girl there in the porch was none other than Noor. That's the reason why the eyes felt so familiar. She has changed so much physically. That chubbiness of Noor is gone, but the cuteness is still there. Everyone was having their dinner silently and I was peeking glances at her alongwith it.

"Arey Noor, beta lo na. Kya doon tumhe??" Maami asked her.

"Nahin Ammi, bas ho gaya, aur man nahin hain." She answered.

"Are yese kaise, tumne liya hi nahin."

"Nahin bas, mera sar dard kar raha hain, bas sona hain abhi."

"Accha, thik hain."

"Shaharyar, tum lo beta."

"Haan Maami, le raha hun. Main le lunga khud."

"Nikhat le, paneer kha, dieting karna acchi baat hoti hain, par itni bhi nahin." Saying so Maami put a morsel in her mouth.

Noor came washing her hands and looked at the dessert. Her eyes lit up looking it and a soft smile spread on her lips.

She still loves kheer!!

I smiled at the thought. When I got to know that Noor was already home, I thought why had I not seen here. Then Nikhat Appa informed she was gone to the hospital. As I was already making the dessert, why not make her favorite? She loves kheer. And I know that. Poor girl, aaj hi aayi hain aur abhi se kaam bhi kar rahin hain. Let's make her day good with a sweet dessert.

****

Noor's POV:

When I looked at the dessert, I was happily surprised. Maybe, Ammi finally remembered that I loved Kheer, and not gulab jamuns. I smiled at the thought and happily took a spoon in my mouth. Hmm.. so delicious. It was after years that I was tasting such tasty kheer. But why does it taste different?

"Kaisi bani hain kheer, acchi bani hain na."

Nik asked. I simply nodded in a big yes as I was busy stuffing my mouth with the kheer.

"Acchi toh hogi hi, Shaharyar ne jo banai hain."

I looked at Shaharyar and he smiled a little looking at Nik.

"Kya aap bhi appa..."

"Arre, sharma kya rahe ho, sach bata rahin hun."

He looked towards me and I gave a little smile.

"Bohat acchi bani hain, bohut dinon ke baad aisi kheer khayi. Thank you."

He smiled. A small one.

"Shukriya Noor."

I looked down at the bowl as soon as he uttered my name. It still sounded the same. And that's the reason why the kheer tasted different.

****

Noor's POV

I was roaming around the terrace as I was not getting any sleep because of the jet lag. Looking at the sky, I was drowning im my thought, when I heard some footsteps. Ab kon aa gaya, nahin yaar.