🔹five🔹

Nikhat's in laws were coming for lunch today. There was a great hula-bullah going on. Hiba Siddiqui was getting hyper as always. Nikhat was also nervous and doing things in a haphazard manner. And Noor was cool about the things as usual.

Shaharyar was dealing with the arrangement of the food items at time, whatever was required. Everything should be perfect.

"Nikhat, ye kya kar rahi hain, ise aise nahin ghumate, sidha ghuma."

"Jyada pyaaz dalna hain, lassoon nahin."

"Thoda fry to hone de, uske baad sabziyan dalna."

"Sabzi mein paani dalna hain, paani mein sabzi nahin."

This were the instructions given by mommy dearest to Nikhat. Nikhat was never too interested in cooking and so she was not concerned with whatever was happening with the kadhai.

Shaharyar chuckled looking at the scene while Noor was unbothered.

Soon the time came and the guests started coming. Hiba welcomed them with her charming smile while Noor went to bring Nikhat downstairs. Shaharyar and Ashar shaked hands and greeted warm smiles. Nikhat came downstairs looking pretty in a pink suit.

Noor wore a black colored salwar kameez. Ashar stood up when he saw Noor. He smiled towards her warmly to which Noor returned a pretty smile of hers.

"Assalamu-alaikum.." He said to both of them to which Nikhat replied.

"Waalekum-assalum Ashar Bhai.." Noor greeted to which Ashar smiled a liitle listening to the new term of endarment.

Noor too smiled.

"Kaisi hain aap?"

"Main bilkul thik, aur aap??"

"Main bhi, aur kaisa chal raha hain sab kuch?"

"Sab thik hi hain. Meri behan jyada pareshan to nahin karti na aapko."

Ashar laughed a little and answered a little no while Nikhat looked at Noor with wide eyes and Noor winked at her.

"Ji bilkul nahin, in fact humein to humesha kuch na kuch naya sikhne ko milta hain hamesha unse."

"Waah, aap toh abhi se biwi ki tareef karne lag gaye, sorry hone wali biwi, kyun??"

Both Ashar and Nikhat turned red at Noor's comment.

"Aisa bilkul nahin hain, tu kyun pareshan kar rahi hain unhe?" Nikhat whispered the last part to Noor.

"Matlab kya sahi bonding hain nahin." Nikhat blushed more. Everyone laughed looking at the flushed red couple. Shaharyar was surprised to finally see a glimpse of the old Noor in her. The naughty, teasing one, who always had a soft naughty smile spread on her lips every time.

"Accha, chalo beth jao..." Hiba asked them to sit.

##

All the elders were busy having some boring conversations which Noor was not interested in. She looked towards Nikhat and Ashar. Nikhat Khan Siddiqui, her elder sister was getting married, and she couldn't be more happy about the fact. Noor was so happy seeing her sister as she has grown all the more confident in the passing years. She smiled, getting married in some weeks, it would be all so lovely for her sister.

Nikhat and Ashar were talking standing at a corner. They were so cute together. The look in Ashar's eyes was all Noor needed to be assured that her sister is going to be the happiest. He looked at her with those love struck eyes, seeing her sister so much in love warmed her heart. Will she ever that get in her life? The question has suddenly left her feeling bitter and all she wanted to do was run from there.