🔹nineteen🔹

Shaharyar's POV:

After making a call with my family, I again got engaged in checking the emails. There was a lot of pending work. I wasn't able to focus on the work because of the preparations these days. There was a knock at the door. I looked up to find Noor. I nodded to let her in. She came towards me,

"Ye le aapki coffee.." She said with a sweet smile.

I took the mug from her.

"Aap ab bhi kaam mein hi lage hue hain, shaadi hain ghar mein. Chale na,  bahar chale.."

I was pleasantly surprised to hear her saying that.

"Haan, main bas yeh khatam karlun..uske baad.."

"Uske baad kyun, abhi chale, apka kaam to roz hota hain, shadi thodi hi.." To say I was shocked was an understatement. Dr. Noor Workaholic Siddiqui saying this... No..

There was a hard tap on my right shoulder. I looked at my right side.

"Kya hain? Kab se bula rahi hoon. Uss taraf kahan dekh rahe hain.. Main iss taraf hun na.. Kisse baat kar rahe hain aap?"

Noor shouted at me. What the freaking heaven! I looked at my left side to find no one. I again looked at my right to find her glaring at me.

"Ab kuch bolenge bhi ya sirf mundi ghumate rahenge?"

I nodded in yes and then in no, again in a yes and then in a no.

"Ab yeh hawa mein plus kyun bana rahe hain aap? Kya hogaya hain, aap thik hain na?"

I again started nodding when she glared at me..

"Haan.. Haan main thik hoon. Main thik hun, mujhe kya hua hain.."

"Ye le aapki coffee.."

She kept the mug on the table and started to leave,

"Aur sunne.."

"Hun?"

"Jaldi khatam karke aa jayeiga. Ammi puch rahi thi aapka.."

I nodded and she left.

What was this? What's wrong with me?

                               ****

Faahi had arrived along with Sameer. Maami was too happy to have them here. As usual Faahi being the foodie he is was with the foods. Sameer was making some calls. Sameer and Faahi were just like me to Maami. According to Maami, they had some super power that they are still sane after spending years in my company. Noor went to the hospital as she had an emergency. This girl and her work can't be separated. And that's the thing I loved the most about her. Her sincerity to her work. Nikhat Appi was with her friends talking and smiling. She looked happy and beautiful.

I went to get ready for the evening. As guests were coming, Maami asked to get into some traditionals. I took out the kurta.

"Yeh.. Bilkul bhi nahin.." I stopped doing whatever I was doing and looked at my back.

"Noor, aap yahan?" I took my Kurta to cover my chest as my upper body was naked.

"Aap yahan kya kar rahi hain? Mujhe.. Mujhe change karna hain.."

"Haan, maine konse apke haath bandh rakhe hain, kijiye change."

I looked at her shocked. Change, me, with her in the same room.

"Haan, toh... Aap jaiye..  Main ready hokar aata hoon."

"Main kyun jaon, taaki aap yeh boring se color pehen sake.."