A Job is a job

Journal title: Raider trap

I am currently off doing some jobs while Jake tries to fix the control board thingy (it pretty much blew up when he turned it on last week), shit date...today is November 20 (why is dating this so hard to remember?) like I was saying. I was doing some jobs and getting bored of the music, so I was messing around with the PipBoys tuning knob and came across this distress call. Now foresight is priceless because I know following a distress call...alone with the only info given is her name/location, and something about "a cave in" is...was a bad idea.

I mean, what in the world am I going to do about a cave in? Cave-ins mean small spaces and lots of heavy rocks. But I know not many have as easy access to radio as I do( I mean, people have radios, but with so many being busted in some way, they are stuck on the same station and can't change it like I can), so I made my way to the location given on the broadcast.

Once there, I took some buffjet( I had learned how to combine them to make them stronger and last longer), had a smoke then went into the belly of the beast, so to speak. Just inside the entrance was...all right? The ceiling was high, and the space was ample. Going in a bit further, I found a man who said he was with the girl and to hurry...so I did; I followed him like the jackass I am. As we got deeper, he stopped just beyond a turn in the cave and said

"Fuck, the feral is still there."

He didn't have a gun, so I went in front of him, that's when he punched me in the side of the head. Not hard enough to kill me( I wouldn't be writing if he did), But hard enough to knock me out. I woke up a bit later, my hands tied behind my back, in a boxing ring butt ass naked. I looked around, trying to figure out how to get out of this. A chick stepped into the ring. I guess she was the leader.

"I have a few choices for you, little girl."

(little? I'm 5'1 and 130 lbs when wet, but wow)

" You can fight in this ring till you die, and you will eventually or do me a favor. I don't trust any of my boys here to do it as...well you know how drugged up men are. What do you say, little girl?"

I say she didn't give me much of a choice. So fast forward, and I eventually find the guy, and he's in this jail cell, cowering behind some barrels, not being able to get a clear shot; I open the door. As I do, he gets up and begs me to take him back not as a body but as a man so he can die with dignity... whatever. We get back, and the leader goes.

"Thanks! I knew a woman was the one for the job, that's actually my brother, and I didn't want you to kill him, just wanted to see if you had a head-on those pretty shoulders of yours. You're free to go or stay, but if you want more work, talk to Bobby no Nose."

Right...first fuck you, fuck your brahmin and fuck your family. Second, suck a dick for tricking me with the broadcast and tieing me up. And thirdly, choke on that dick for using me to get your brother when you could have gone yourself.

Thanksgiving

Today is November 25...Thanksgiving Day. Piper, Preston, and Jake are having thanksgiving dinner and invited me, I might go just to see how Pipers and Preston's relationship is going, but at the same time, I don't want to. Mostly because eventually, it will be my turn to "give thanks," And I'm not sure what I have to be thankful for.

I mean, I have food/ water/ safe places to sleep...friends, and I'm as healthy as I can be, so I have things to be thankful for, but I don't FEEL thankful. I haven't gone back to Sanctuary like I promised I would...which is fine enough. Preston and his group ended up moving to starlight, so that's not an issue. But I think...No, I know I'm still holding on to that survivor's guilt and the nightmares, my god, the nightmares.