Tin Can In Charge.

Journal Title: Thought he was a better man

It's the next day

I honestly can't believe this is the hill Maxson wants to die on. 80% of his men fully support letting Danse live and letting him n me (everyone knows now) continue our service. In comparison, the other 20% are indifferent, saying, "maybe we just let them live but kick them out". My god, even KELLS suggested, "we look the other way this one time."

What I know of the brotherhood code( Piper had to explain, she did more reading on it than I ever have) is that this WILL be a hill he ACTUALLY dies on. Because both men go into a ring and only one comes out alive, and whoever comes out is the new Elder.

I had hoped that with all the help he lent my people and me, he was slowly changing for the better because that help was given despite knowing the "creatures" I employ. Yes, there was a bit of a fuss, but he still helped when I needed it. But whereas I'm annoyed, Danse is utterly crushed. Not only did he find out who/what he is, but he learned that his longest friend, the man he looked up to, wasn't as reasonable as he thought. That all his years of loyal service meant nothing to Maxson in the end.

I am sorry it came to this, Danse; all we can do is wait for the fight's announcement.

Journal Title: A Chairman??

November 19

So that's why things took so long. A fucking chairman for the Brotherhood at large showed up...Just...wow. I didn't actually think they existed, you know? Just like deep down, I thought the rumours I heard about the BOS at large changing how they do things was nothing more than that...They were not

Apparently, the rumours are true; he said that recently Maxson has grown to be a problem as he outright refused to accept the new laws and changes the council has made. They no longer shoot non-feral ghouls or run away synths on sight (unless they are attacking them), They've allowed runaway synths (who know they are synths at least) join up, under heavy watch(as a just in case) and members who are turning into ghouls for whatever reason are no longer kicked out. They still hunt and hoard tec but baby steps. I guessed when Maxson refused to accept these, the council threatened to pull back their support(no new weapons, no new bodies, no backup, nothing), and Maxson pretty much said

"Do what you have to."

The chairman was here to make things official. He expressed that, although he would be watched, the council had no problem letting him take the seat of Elder, that losing such a dedicated man like Maxson would be a loss. If it's what has to happen, then so be it. (very cool I get to continue serving if Danse wins)

I asked if Danse would be allowed to continue giving support to the Minutemen, as Maxson did once in a while. The chairman was surprised, asking, "why wouldn't he? He would have to upload the alliance."

Alliance? What? I guess they thought that Maxson had formed an official alliance with my men and just never sent in the papers...No, he did not, aha. Before he left us...Danse to get ready, he said Maxson got to pick the place and time, then explained all the rules.

No one was to help, No power armor, no guns. Just " a good old fashioned fist fight"...to the death.

Oh, I did want to mention Preston called. He said the vault is coming along nicely, which is excellent because the synth attacks have...stopped, which is worrisome. If they have stopped their onslaught of our settlements, it means they are almost ready to launch that attack. I just hope they wait a bit longer because I will be there for Danse.

UPDATE DANSE CAME OUT, not starting a new entry, but DANSE WON. We watched through the glass for what seemed like hours as neither held back their punches. Eventually, Maxson stopped moving, Danse came out with a black eye, a busted lip, 3 broken ribs, but he came out alive! The chairman congratulated him before handing him the papers to sign-making his new rank of Elder official. I'm so fucking proud of you, Danse.

Journal Title: Settled in nicely

November 21

It's only been 2 days, but Danse has settled in nicely; I tell you that man was built for the job(no pun intended)

We headed back to the ship so he could get patched up and the chairman could let everyone know. I'm surprised no one, not a single person, protested. He even received a round of applause after his speech this morning. He did ask me to stay behind after everyone cleared out and said he wanted to talk.

He thanked me over and over for helping him see he wasn't just a mindless machine and that he'd dreamed one day of being an Elder but never actually thought it would happen. He wanted to sign an official alley agreement between HIS section of the Brotherhood and the Minutemen so there would be no more under the table work. Before I was dismissed, he said he had a gift for me and presented the paperwork promoting me to sentinel...one step below Elder, I tried saying it wasn't necessary, but he just waved my protest away, saying.

"After all you've done, you deserve it. The first ghoul sentinel, and hopefully not the last" That's a hell of a title, isn't it? Callie Gibson, General sentinel. He did make a note to point out that this does not mean he will not travel with me anymore. Like he does not want to be a "paper pusher". Which I totally understand; it's why I still "get my hands dirty".

I might be feeling a bit too confident, but... Try to come after us now, Shawn, the minutemen and Brotherhood officially working together.

Journal Title: A thankful Thanksgiving

No date needed, aha. Today is Thanksgiving. Everyone (Preston, piper, mags, John, Jake...everyone) Is at my place for the holiday; we're currently waiting for Codsworth to finish cooking( we did offer to help, but he refused)

Made a few calls, not yesterday but the day before, letting everyone know they were invited. Much to my surprise, MacCready was back in GoodNeighbor with Curie and his son, so they are also here. Before the call, Danse and I worked out split service members(those in the bos who wanted to also work for me) and how titles would go. It's not perfect, but their service time would be split 50/50 between the two, and they'd have ranks such as "Knight Private" or "Sargent Proctor."

Piper's baby bump is coming along well, and the moment Curie saw her, she demanded we put Piper on "maternity leave". It's not really a thing in the new world, but neither Danse nor I wanted to argue with Curie. By now, I want to say 80% of our men at the castle have been moved into the vault. You know? It's been such a long year...and I know the institute is gearing up for their attack, but I think I'm going to take a vacation. Magnolia and Jake have been begging to spend more time with me and John (well, Jake only with me, but you know what I mean). And both really want to see Nuka world( I've been in contact with the men there, and they said there's even a roller coaster that's up and running now). Maybe a two-week vacation? A week of Mags and Jake running around Nuka world and a week at my place just to be bums.

Oh, before I go(food smells fantastic), my voice is now gone. I still haven't lost my hair (thank god) or my nose, but my ears are kind of deformed (like they healed from a lousy piercing job). They shrunk a bit and don't have that smooth curve an ear should. Also, no more radiation burns...but the ones I do have, have grown, the pain that comes with it when new bits of skin slough off, I swear...The two have me looking like a poorly unwrapped piece of candy. The largest and main burn starts on the right side of my lower back and wraps around to my front, stopping just before my belly button; it then goes up in between my breasts, splitting the top of my chest in half at an angle where the burn stops in the middle of my neck on the left side. It covers the left shoulder but nothing else on the arm. Back at my hips, if you follow it down, it makes almost a crescent moon around the "bush" and my sex, not connecting to the burn on my left leg. That one has just consumed the entire leg( i think that hurt the most, to be honest). I woke up screaming the other day because the skin just slide off in a few massive parts at once.

Oh, Codsworth is calling for dinner. Okay, time to go