Now or Never!

Journal title: oh no

March 24

Dawn has yet to break the sky, and... There is a lot to unpack; I need to be on my game today as final preparations need to be made for our leave tomorrow, but... damn it.

Yesterday night, about 10 pm, John came into my room. A bottle of booze in hand and a soft smile on his face, saying

"Even with Concord packed, the only one with her own room is always the general"

He asked if he could join me already, stepping into the room, the door closing behind him. Thankfully yes, I always get my own room, one of the perks of being general, I guess. The chit chat was... average; we talked about the coming "war" about Prestons and Piper's relationship, about the BOS and my men. It wasn't long before we burned through the bottle of liquor he brought. We should have tried getting some sleep, but we didn't... At some point, both of us were lying on my bed just riding a daytripper high.

"Do we have that talk now?"

John asked, already coming down from the high, the chems don't last as long for him, why he usually makes his own, but we were using my stash of normal strength drugs tonight.

"What talk" I inquired after a few moments, my high finally coming down itself. Despite what I asked, I already knew what "talk" he wanted to have. I have only known him for a short time, but our relationship has a heaviness to it. This relationship clearly is not about friendship. Around others, John has his usual mayoral face on, the stupid over confidant "nothing can hurt me" mayoral face. But when it's just us, like this? It drops, he becomes, as everyone says, "soft." I once again let my thoughts run away from me, allowing the silence between us to grow... though only for so long, remember John is not a patient man.

I'm pulled on top of him, either leg straddling his hips, my hands on either side propping myself up, leaving us inches apart.

"This talk, us... this, don't play dumb Princess" his voice is low, the normal raspiness of it turning to gravel. I didn't want to talk, though, because it would mean whatever those feelings were... were real, and I'm not a "talk to people about emotions" kind of girl. I act and do but not talk... I think... I think he understood that because he said

"OK, we'll do it my way since you seem to be the same" he sat up, arms once again wrapping around me, legs spreading, allowing me to sit more comfortably in his lap. John leaned forward to speak softly in my ear.

"Are you mine or just a friend?" he asked, hands trailing down, then back up, up under my shirt this time. There was a lump in my stomach, and my heart pounded in my ears, and I-I layed my head on his shoulder... kissing....planting a soft kiss on his neck.

"Mine it is," John's voice rumbled in his chest as he practically ripped off my shirt, lifting his hips and me, then turning us, so he was now on top of me.

I... I couldn't speak as the lump in my stomach moved to my throat, though my hands found the hem of his shirt, removing and tossing it to the floor. The lack of protest egging him on,

"The things you do to me, Callie," he whispered, trailing kisses down my neck, the last one landing just above the top of my bra. John's hand easily and quickly found its way into my pants, 1... then 2... 3 fingers slipped inside of me with ease, my body on fire, reacting to his touch as if it's been longing for this. A moan... a moan escaped my lips as he slowly slid his fingers in...out...in...out, bringing his hand up, licking his fingers clean...tasting me.

"Mine" was the last thing he said before the rest of our clothing was strewn about the floor... one of my questions about male ghouls was answered. I...fuck. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close as...