Getting harder to hide

Journal Title: Man that hurts

Oct 21

I think we got back to the Private cores HQ yesterday around....7 PM? We got the usual greeting, but the trip to the sea took a lot out of me. I was in so much pain. The rad burns on my back and leg were...throbbing for lack of a better term. And without looking, I was pretty sure the one on my back grew to now reach around to my hip because that's also on fire. John and I pretty much pushed past everyone though Jake followed to help as best as he could.

I quickly stripped the moment we were in my room, despite the pain. The feel of the cloth only made things worse. With my shirt, though...Jake practically cried at my howling as the shirt pulled away a strip of skin on my stomach and hip, showing some lovely pink rippled radiation burns below the destroyed top layer of skin.

"Aww, not the butterfly tattoo," He said, trying to cheer me up. John went to find the Doctor on-site to see if she could cook anything up that might ease the pain as the chems and stims weren't doing jack shit.

Jake helped me into the shower after the pain in my leg left me unable to stand. I've never been happier for ice-cold water. It...felt terrific. I just stood there, my forehead pressed against the icy, wet tiles as Jake carefully lathered up my back, his hands barely touching the burns. He kept trying to get into the shower fully dressed but relented when I pointed out he had no clothing in my room.

" You don't deserve this darlin", he spoke softly as he tried to rub the stress and pain away from my shoulders.

"I have only myself to blame", I responded, forehead never leaving the tile. I couldn't tell you how long we sat in there, but the icy water finally lulled the pain away. Now, pain-free, it wasn't long before I was doubled over with laughter. See, as we were drying off, John came back, not bothering to knock. He just opened the door to the bathroom; when he did, he was greeted by Jake's sack swinging freely as the country boy bent over to dry his legs and feet.

"Well glad to know I'm bigger than you" Jake almost whacked his head on the sink from standing up too fast. Not giving Jake a second to respond, John saunters into the small bathroom with us, slaps Jake's ass and motions for me to turn around so he can apply this cream the Doctor cooked up to my burns.

"I'm not small, dang it. Ever hear of a grower?"

"Nope and shame. I'm out with the doc getting meds, and you're in here having fun.

"Oh yea, bacon, he had me bent over the sink."

"Did he now? Hmmm damn"

" I did not! Darlin, will you stop it!I swear to god," Jake protested as he got flushed in the face trying to dress as quickly as possible.

Me? Behave? Never in a million years this is fun for me. John applied the cream and left us in the bathroom with a

"She's all yours country boy" I just giggled to myself as Jake's gaze burned a hole into the floor. He said one day I'd be in trouble for teasing him all the time and then left my room.

Journal Title: It left me another gift

Oct 26

I think our trip cost me my voice. We've been here at HQ for a few days just resting up (and putting off talking to Maxson). My voice hasn't 100% gone, but there's been a few moments the last few days where it sounded like I had lost it from screaming.

See, Jake finally got his revenge...Kind of. We were having a birthday party for MacCready( He turned 23, see Nick? I'm not the baby), and as the party was winding down, Jake pulled me into the hall, face flustered from one too many drinks.