Putting the past down

Journal title: let's pretend that never happened.

February 7

I'm just going to quickly get this out of the way then pretend it never happened. Hancock, I'm so sorry I made a fool of myself and tried to jump your bones. I'm also not going to read into your comment of how you couldn't believe you were saying no... or that earlier in the day when you said: "you'd love to hear me"... good god, say your name "that way". Not me over here happy for some reason when he said he was worried and not me thinking... can ghouls even have sex? Like, wouldn't the cum be radioactive? I'm sure it would fall off like the ears n nose, right? Jesus Callie. What are you doing?

Hell, what the fuck is he thinking? The constant sexual jokes... that's just his personality. I mean, I can't get a read on his poker face, so I'm going with that... Know what? It's all just circumstantial, nothing more. He's coping; I'm coping horribly and am not looking to... add to my body count.

Okay... OKAY need to focus... But very hard to do with Hancock running around my place like a child hopped up on sugar as he checks the place out. Ummm, Preston is taking care of the Castle and Jake the settlements. I don't have anything that calls for my immediate attention between the two of them. Fuck... It might mean finally going to see Valentine.

But how am I going to get into Diamond city with Hancock? They have a strict thing about ghouls... Know what screw it. He's coming with me.

Journal title: Just staring at the building

February 10

The guards gave me a bit of trouble, but after handing out a few caps and using some very colorful words, they let us in. simply saying.

"Don't let the mayor see"

"if it reported; we didn't know."

Without waiting, we quickly made our way to Valentine's office and sat there for what felt like hours. He thanked us for helping him then asked if we needed help with anything. I shook my head no, but Hancock put his hand on the small of my back and gave a little push saying.

"Think you can solve a 200+ year old kidnapping case?"

It took a few tries, and the words didn't come easily, but eventually, I was able to explain everything. Hancock's hand never left my shoulder as I spoke. Valentine sat in silence, listening to everything before asking if I got a good look at the man and woman. I said yes, explained what they looked like. After that, he stood up, went and grabbed some files saying

"We might only find a body but it'd be closure at least. Who you described sounds like Kellog. A brickshit house of a merc who came to town a while back with a kid. But I think he's long gone."

We searched the house and found... quite a bit. There was a hidden room off of the living room in there were a lot of stocked up food... children's clothing, ammo, and other things you'd need for a trip. Dogmeat, bless this pup, picked up a-a scent from this cigar that was on the ground and managed to track it.

That... that was three days ago. We're currently sitting in a run-down building across the street. What am I going to say when I confront him? Should I even bother? Should I just leave? Will this solve anything? Hancock... John (he said using his last at this point is pretty offensive because oh how nice his name sounds on my lips... jackass) Has been true to his word, staying with me for moral support. Said we can wait out here as long as I need to, that we will go in when ready.

The weight of his arms around my shoulders and the heat that radiates off him is... Helping... Fending off the cold winter air... but only so much, the cold is still creeping in. Fuck I have to do this. Fuckity fuck fuck

Journal title: I don't feel different

It's the next day... I don't feel any different. I'm not sure that I should. I got a few answers, but they- they aren't helping.

When I confronted him, he said that Shawn was still alive... was at home with his family at the Institute... He kept talking, but I stopped listening. I just unloaded an entire clip into him. There wasn't much left by the time I was done other than a goopy red sludge splatted on the floor and my boots. I don't even know if it was outright anger at him for killing "him" or taking Shawn or... just everything.

I guess everyone was right all along and, John was right that some kind of target used to be on my family. I've met a few... what were they called... runaway? Synths? I mean, Valentine is nice enough, and he's a synth, but short of that, what I've seen of the Institute has been overwhelmingly negative. John said we should report to valentine what we learned, but... should we really? I mean, Shawn's "family" may be the commonwealth boogyman, but at least he's wanted, right? And even if we were to, how are we supposed to find him? Would he even care if we did? Kellog said he was older. The Institute is the only family he's ever known. Which... is fine. I'm not mother material anyway. I wasn't then, and I'm not now, not that it makes a difference. I think not keeping up with my radaway has made it, so I never have to be ready, but...

John is calling my name, said we should get out of here and maybe find something to distract myself.... Like going to talk to that Paladin guy and find out why a massive blimp flew into town. As he said

"The commonwealth belongs to the Minutemen and us. And we belong to you, so that? Is in your territory and you should find out why."

I hate that he's right.