Chapter 8

A few days have passed and it is now Saturday. Meredith is completely done with resting even though she knows she needs it. She just hates not doing anything. And especially combined with the fact that they had her stay home from her shift the past few days because of her passing out makes her want to do something and not be stuck inside the house.

"Mama! You're awake!" Maddie says, running into her mom's room with Nanas. She holds her arms up for her mom to help her onto the bed. "Up mommy!"

"Okay, I've got you." Meredith weakly pulled her daughter up onto the bed and Maddie quickly went under the covers next to her mom.

"I love you mama." Maddie said sweetly, cuddling up to Meredith.

"I love you more baby girl." Meredith said and kissed the top of Maddie's head. "Did you eat breakfast yet?"

"Yeah! Papa made me pancakes!" Maddie smiled widely. "So yummy!"

"Did he put chocolate chips in them?" Meredith asked, knowing how much Maddie loves chocolate chips.

Maddie nods her head excitedly. "Uh huh! So yummy Mama! Do you want pancakes?"

"No thank you sweetie. I'm not hungry right now." Meredith said. Meredith doesn't have much of an appetite still.

"Otay!" Maddie nods. "Mama, what we doing today?"

"I need to go to the grocery store. Wanna come with me?" Meredith wants out of the house so badly, she would go anywhere. But she needs a few things anyways so it works out. She's very  tired but her stubborn side won't let her rest.

"Yeah!!! Me and Nanas wanna come!" Maddie has Nanas nod its head also.

Meredith nods. "Of course Nanas is coming! We would never leave Nanas behind." She says weakly.

"When we gonna go?" Maddie asks.

"I guess we can go now sweetie. Let's get you dressed okay?" Meredith is feeling okay right now, better than she was the day before so she decides they'll go now.

"Yayyyy! I wanna wear my pwincess dwess mama!" Maddie squeals.

"Okay! Let's go get it sweetie." Meredith helps Maddie down and they go down the hall to Maddie's room.

Meredith finds the dress that Maddie wants and helps her put it on.

"Mama!" Maddie says twirling in her dress. "Look at me!"

"You look very pretty Maddie!" Meredith says smiling.

"Tanks Mama!!"

Meredith finishes helping Maddie get ready for the day and then the two of them go downstairs.

"Good morning Meredith." Richard says, putting his newspaper down. "Well don't you look very pretty, Miss Maddie!"

"Tanks! Mama helped me get dressed! We gonna go to the store!" Maddie says excitedly.

"Is that so?" Richard asks, looking at Meredith. "I can go grab whatever you need Mer and you can stay here and rest. You must be exhausted."

"No. I'm fine. I'll just go to the store and come back." Meredith says stubbornly.

"Are you sure you're up to it?" Richard asks, concerned.

Meredith nods.

"Okay then." He then looks at Maddie. "Miss Maddie, I have an assignment for you while you go shopping with your mama."

Maddie jumps up and down excitedly. "What is it???"

"I need you to pay close attention to your mama and make sure she is okay. Watch your mama like she watches her patients."