Chapter 35

"Daddy! Can I wake up mommy?? Pwease! Nanas has to tell her somefing!" Maddie said excitedly.

"Baby, you need to let Mommy sleep. She needs her rest." Derek gently reminded his daughter.

Maddie sighed. "But she sweeps allllllll the time! She gotsa wake up and pway wit me!"

Meredith, hearing her daughter's voice increasing in sound, slowly opened her eyes. " 'm wake." Meredith whispered.

"Mama! Maddie squealed.

"Hi baby girl." Meredith said softly. "Hi Der." She said.

"Hey Mer, sorry we woke you." Derek said softly, smiling.

"It's okay." Meredith whispered.

Just then Dr Bailey comes into the room holding a piece of paper. "I have some news to share."

Derek's face paled, too scared to think about what the news could be. "Oh God." He whispered, grasping Meredith's hand tight. He looked over at Meredith and he could tell she was half asleep, her tiredness winning. "Mer, sweetie, wake back up. Dr Bailey is here."

"Baiwey! Do you wanna know a secwet??" Maddie asks, running over to Bailey and pulling on the end of her shirt.

Bailey chuckles. "Of course, sweetie. What's the secret?" She asks, bending down to Maddie's level.

Maddie's face lights up. "I gotsa have waffles for bweakfast!! Daddy made them for me!!!"

Bailey chuckles at her secret. "That was a good one sweetie."

Derek clears his throat. "Uh, Bailey? You said you have news? Should I page Mark to have him take Maddie?"

Bailey smiled. "That's not necessary today. I think she can stay. It's good news after all. We got it all. The mets are gone. Meredith, you're in remission!"

"It's gone?" Meredith whispered? "All of it?" She asks sleepily.

"It is! All of it! We're just finishing this last round of chemo and then no more! You'll have to have check ups and scans but you're in remission! You did it Grey!"

Maddie looks curious. "Mama good? Mama can pway more??"

"She's getting better, sweetie! She'll have to stay here still for a bit as she regains her strength but she will get to go home with you soon!" Bailey says to the small child.

"Soon? Mommy come home soon??" Maddie's eyes widen excitedly.

"A few weeks sweetie." Derek said. "You need to be patient but she will come home soon."

—————-

A month later

"Shh, mommy might be sleeping. Let's be quiet just in case she is. She needs her rest." Derek said softly to Maddie.

"I can be quiet!" Maddie says loudly.

Derek chuckles. "Even quieter sweeter." Derek pushes the door open.

"Mama! You're wake!!" Maddie yells and runs to her mom's bed.

Meredith puts down the book she was reading. "Hi baby! I am awake. Wanna come up here with me?" Meredith says with a grin.

"Yeah!! Daddy up!" Maddie says, looking back at her dad.

"You good, Mer?" Derek questions.

"Yeah, I am. I've been awake for a while, just reading." Meredith hugs her daughter once Derek puts her on the bed.

"Mama, I missed you! You come home soon?" Maddie questions.

"Actually... Dr Bailey said I can go home tomorrow." Meredith says with a big smile.

"Really? That's amazing Mer!" Derek says.

"Nanas and I are very happy you'll be home Mommy!" Maddie says.

"I'm very excited too, sweetie. We can watch all of the movies you want to watch." Meredith tells her.

"We gotsa watch Sweeping Beauty first! Ooh and then Tangled!! And Cinderella!"

"We can do that. I'm just very happy to being going home with you and Daddy sweetie. I love you both so much."

Thank you so much with your patience with this story! We are soooo sorry for the delay! Thanks to my co-writer _Ktje_